The Integrated Marketing Czar
December 16, 2011
By Bill Duggan, Group EVP, ANA
An interesting finding from ANA's latest survey is that almost 30% of respondents report their companies have job titles specific to integrated marketing. This trend is accelerating as:
- There is an increase from our 2008 survey - from 24% to 29%
- Many of these titles have been created in just the past couple of years
In a review of the ANA data base, below are just a few examples:
- Fidelity Investments - Vice President, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Pernod Ricard - Director, Media & Integrated Marketing Communications
- Sears Holdings - Vice President, Integrated Marketing
- The Coca-Cola Company - Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing Communications & Capabilities
- The Home Depot - Vice President, Integrated Marketing
- USAA - Vice President, Integrated Marketing
As reported in a previous blog, one big headline of this new research is that marketers rate the quality of their integrated marketing efforts higher now than in any of the three prior surveys on this issue. 42% rate their integrated marketing efforts as excellent or very good (versus 25% in 2008; 33% in 2006; and 21% in 2003). Perhaps the improvements have been driven by these dedicated integrated marketing positions.
You must be logged in to submit a comment.