comScore: Brand-Specific Commercial Ratings Solution Provider
June 14, 2013
By Bill Duggan, Group EVP, ANA
The new ANA white paper, “Brand-Specific Commercial Ratings–Benefits and Solution Providers,” highlights solutions from eight companies for brand-specific commercial ratings. This blog provides a recap of comScore’s offerings.
comScore provides audience and advertising analytics to measure how consumers use digital and TV platforms, including PCs/laptops, smartphones, tablets, “smart TVs,” gaming devices, and of course traditional TV. comScore measures behaviors such as online buying, website visitation, search, and viewing. The company also provides digital analytics and a variety of services tailored to mobile subscribers. comScore believes that accountability is now a multi-platform issue as television becomes digital, and that greater comparability between “traditional” television and digital platforms is needed.
What comScore Does Related to Brand-Specific Commercial Ratings
At comScore, brand-specific advertising measurement is an important foundation for both television and multi-platform services. Both TV and digital advertising are measured on an impression-by-impression basis for each individual creative execution. validated Campaign Essentials (vCE) is a multi-platform solution for measuring campaign delivery across television and digital. The comScore methodology for digital advertising includes behavioral measurement from its two-million-person panel combined with census measurements via comScore Census Network. The comScore methodology for TV uses brand-specific measurement via five million television set-top box households.
Measurement is a key challenge when trying to understand how digital advertising and TV advertising work together. New methodologies such as comScore’s solutions are required to answer key questions:
- What is the audience delivery on digital platforms and on the TV platform? Is the advertising program reaching the same consumers, or different consumers on television and online? How much audience is duplicated across platforms?
- What is the impact of mobile advertising? How does response to smartphone and tablet advertising differ?
- What is the impact of the campaign on key branding measures, such as awareness, favorability, and intent to purchase? What is the impact on online behaviors, such as search and website visitation? What is the impact on online and offline purchasing behavior?
- What is the right mix of advertising between mobile and TV platforms?
- Which creative executions perform the best? Can we more effectively measure commercial wear-out?
- How can we more effectively manage advertising programs to optimize against our objectives?
You must be logged in to submit a comment.