Highlights from ANA Digital & Social Media ConferenceJuly 23, 2013
By Marni Gordon, vice president of committees and conferences, ANA
The ANA Digital & Social Media Conference, held at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, California, brought together top client-side marketers to share their best practices for using newer media to successfully engage their customers and build their brands. This year’s event was SOLD OUT one month in advance and over 400 people were in attendance.
Key highlights from the conference were:
- eMarketer: Two mega trends shared were that fragmentation rules and today’s consumer is empowered – they trust each other more than the marketer. Another key insight was that 45% of marketers lack the capacity of managing big data.
- Unilever: Some of the trends discussed were the erosion of scale and fragmentation, the rise of self-publishing, and that marketers need to plan for agility (real-time marketing).
- Virgin America: Provided great examples of branded content and real-time marketing especially through their live Times Square social campaign.
- Taco Bell: Shared how they transformed Taco Bell from a company to a friend to be “the friend” among millennials. Their mantra is “If you never do, you never know”.
- PepsiCo Beverages: Everything begins with their business priorities – Equity and Sales (trips, loyalty and conversion). Some of the ways PepsiCo Beverages brings digital engagement to life is to drive real-time data driven insights, original engagement experiences, and sustained loyalty engagement.
- Intuit: Some of the “do’s” suggested to measure, monetize, and optimize social interactions were to assess performance at the campaign level and to start monitoring and measuring what you can.
- Reckitt Benckiser: Guiding principles on driving digital and social partnerships were thatyou can’t do it all yourself and you need great people around you. We also learned their TETS approach to building successful partnerships (Trust, Equality, Transparency, and Shared Success).
- HP: Launched HPOne, an internal social media platform with huge success – 42% of 350,000 employee adoption in less than six months!
- MasterCard Worldwide: Learned about the company’s approach to the 10 C’s of social media which include “contextually relevant”, “change”, “causes”, “content is king” and more! “Cost” is not one of the 10 C’s because “creativity” is!
- adidas America: Shared the company’s approach to social media and how owned, earned and bought are stronger together. Three key themes throughout the presentation were: own your story, social MEDIA, and leverage the (existing) love.
- Joe Jaffe: Spoke about why it’s time to stop talking about the next big thing in digital.
- Doug Levy: Presented research and examples on how brands can create authentic customer relationships to drive results.
If you would like to read more, check out this blog on top tweets from the conference.
The 2014 ANA Digital & Social Media Conference will be July 13-15th in Dana Point, CA! Register early and I look forward to seeing you there!!!!
You must be logged in to submit a comment.