Highlights from ANA Real-Time Marketing ConferenceDecember 10, 2013
By Marni Gordon, vice president of committees and conferences, ANA
The inaugural 2013 ANA Real-Time Marketing Conference presented by Starcom, held in New York City, brought together top client-side marketers who revealed how they use real-time strategies to grow their brands through social, mobile, content curation, data analytics, and more! This first-ever event was a success and there were over 300 people in attendance.
Key highlights from the conference were:
- Kraft Foods Group and Starcom: The three critical components of agile marketing are data, infrastructure, and content. The five keys to success in real-time marketing are: strong data strategy, solid infrastructure, producing relevant content, having an established cross-channel attribution model, and cross-functional education. If you don’t have a strong data strategy, you can’t succeed in real-time marketing!
- Hasbro: Victor Lee, Vice President Global Digital Marketing at Hasbro, voiced his enthusiastic plea to marketers which was:
- Real to be real isn’t real – stay away from fads and trends and do what’s right for your brand.
- Regret – isn’t that you failed…it’s when you don’t try!
- Anheuser-Busch: Digital is used to move their business and their two main KPIs are sales and brand health. Anheuser-Busch has a “P3” approach to digital and social marketing which stands for planning, process (who approves what and when) and practice (don’t be afraid to fail).
- The Coca-Cola Company: Shared how they created “The Hub Network”, the nervous system of The Coca-Cola Company, which connects all functions globally and provides those on the front lines to respond and engage with real-time data.
- MasterCard Worldwide: Created the MasterCard Conversation Suite located in the middle of their New York headquarters for all employees to be able to leverage real-time data and conversations at any time.
- eMarketer: Debra Aho Williamson, eMarketer’s real-time expert, discussed the latest trends in real-time marketing. The key to success in the next phase of real-time marketing is to align three marketing functions/areas: consumer insights, content creation, and paid media.
- MINI: Lee Nadler, Marketing Communications Manager at MINI, shared that real-time marketing means: be present, be relevant, be responsive, and be prepared to be spontaneous. We also heard some of their success stories leveraging celebrities like Tony Hawk and having real-time social “brand volleys” with products such as Miracle Grow. It is amazing how much MINI is doing in real-time with a marketing team of only seven people!
If you would like to read more, check out this blog on top tweets from the conference.
I hope to see you at the 2014 ANA Digital & Social Media Conference on July 13-15th in Dana Point, CA! Register early as the 2013 conference was SOLD OUT. I look forward to seeing you there!!!!
You must be logged in to submit a comment.