Insights from A Media Mogul at AHAA Conference
April 30, 2014
By Bill Duggan, Group EVP, ANA
Rupert Murdoch was the opening keynote speaker at the 2014 AHAA (Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies) Annual Conference. Insights from Mr. Murdoch included:
- On the growth of the Hispanic consumer: "For the first time ever, the University of California admitted more Hispanics than whites to its incoming freshman class."
- Digital allows a one-on-one relationship with the consumer. And the wireless world is the biggest enabler to a digital strategy.
- "Mobility is everything." Mr. Murdoch talked about the fact that video "running in digital" ultimately means "running on a mobile device."
Interestingly, Mr. Murdoch told the audience that this was his first time in Miami!
Sol Trujillo facilitated the Q&A with Mr. Murdoch following his prepared remarks and added interesting perspective of his own:
- 50% of all new home mortgages are to Latino families.
- Growth for U.S. Hispanics is faster than all the BRIC countries (i.e., Brazil, Russia, India, China) combined.
Congrats to AHAA on a great conference. Their twitter feed is at #thinkahaa.
You must be logged in to submit a comment.