My Favorite ANA ConferenceMarch 1, 2017
By Bill Duggan, Group EVP, ANA
I have now been at the ANA for almost 17 years and have attended many events. My favorite conference continues to be the ANA Advertising Financial Conference (this year, May 23—26 in San Diego, Calif.) and there are many reasons for that:
- The attendees: Every year there is a great mix of returning and new attendees, among more than 700 people in attendance. Usually the ratio there is about 50/50. So there are always familiar faces from previous conferences mixed in with new people to meet.
- Content: The agenda covers an eclectic mix of topics, including ROI, media, production, agency compensation, procurement, data, transparency, and client/agency relationship management, among others.
- Networking: Lots of ANA member companies attend, along with agency CFOs. There are three evenings, allowing time to make new friends and contacts over cocktail receptions and dinners.
- Length of the conference: This is one of the longer ANA conferences, covering four days and three nights, which provides lots of time for to share great content and network.
- Location: The venues for this conference are always great. This year, for the first time in my tenure, we'll be in San Diego. Our hotel is within walking distance to downtown and an easy ride to beaches and local hot spots (e.g., Old Town, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Zoo, and La Jolla).
I have seen this conference grow from 154 registrants in 2000 to more than 700 last year. We sold out in 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014!
This year, the conference will be chaired by Vikki Rohrer, global agency finance manager at Ford Motor Co. Speakers include Frances Allen, brand president at Jack in the Box and Jeff Goodby, co-chairman and partner at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.
I hope to see you in San Diego at the 2017 ANA Advertising Financial Management Conference!
You must be logged in to submit a comment.