Advertising Financial Management
This event is over.
Presentations & Content
Start: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 9:00am
End: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:30pm
708 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Meeting notes are available to current, logged in Members only.
Networking Breakfast - 9:00am - 9:30am
Welcome and Introductions - 9:30am - 9:45am
I. TACTICAL AGENCY RFP CASE STUDY - THE GOOD, BETTER AND BEST (9:45-10:45AM)
As we have seen from the results of the ANA procurement survey, marketers and agencies believe procurement focuses only on savings not value, and RFP's are generated only to drive savings and squeeze agencies. In this session, committee member Sal Vitale will outline a case study where procurement demonstrated how a well-orchestrated RFP process increased & improved alignment between procurement, marketers and tactical agencies. The RFP process resulted in more than securing competitive pricing and agency right sizing, it improved processes, reporting, internal customer satisfaction and better alignment between agencies, marketers and procurement.
Sal Vitale, Marketing, Advertising and Indirect Services, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Operations Professional (formerly Director, Global Supply Management at American Express Company)
II. MEMBER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: MISTAKES MY "FRIENDS" HAVE MADE (11:00 - 12:00PM)
Sometimes, we can learn more from our mistakes than from our successes. This session will call on all Advertising Financial Management members to share with their fellow committee members those mistakes that their "friends" have made that contributed to them being a better manager and colleague. So, come ready to share your "friends" mistakes. This session has the potential to teach us all a great deal. The more we share with each other, the more we can learn and elevate ourselves to the next level.
Jim Zambito, Executive Director, Agency Relations and Finance Controller - Johnson & Johnson
Rich DelCore, Director of Finance, Global Brand Building Organization - The Procter & Gamble Company
III. THE STATE OF MEDIA AUDITS & THE LAUNCH OF THE MEDIA AUDIT COUNCIL (1:00-2:00PM)
Media audits can be valuable tools for advertisers, but there can sometimes be confusion on the various audit types and questions on how to conduct effective audits. This is a two part session to address these topics.
1. Joanne Davis, president, Joanne Davis Consulting and co-author of ANA's new auditing guidebook, will share insights from the book and her recent research on the subject. She will demystify the media audit process, break down the array of media audit services available (i.e., there are media compliance and verification audits as well as media quality audits) and explain the nature and benefits of each type of audit approach.
2. Jim Garrity, president of the newly founded Media Audit Council, will discuss the launch of the Media Audit Council, a coalition of strategic media audit companies and the council's goals and objectives. He will also address media audit best practices. In attendance at this session will be the CEOs of the three founding Media Audit Council members: Ebiquity, Media IQ and Cortex Consulting Group.
IV. ANA PROCUREMENT TASK FORCE UPDATE (2:00-2:30PM)
This session will provide an update on the group's work to date and plans for the future.
The mission of the ANA Procurement Task Force is to:
• Define and elevate the role of marketing procurement.
• Close the "gaps" on the value of procurement between procurement and internal marketing as well as procurement and external agencies.
1. Branding & PR
2. Education & Curriculum
3. Procurement Mentoring Group
MEETING OF ANA PROCUREMENT TASK FORCE TO FOLLOW FROM 2:30-3:30PM.