Advertising Financial Management
This event is over.
Networking Breakfast: 9-9:30am
Introductions and agenda review: 9:30-9:45am
I. PROCUREMENT ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE (9:45-10:45am)
For marketing procurement to succeed, it is imperative to create strong partnerships internally as well as externally. As the role of marketing procurement has been elevated in the past few years, it is even more imperative to make sure that marketing procurement organizations are structured to benefit the needs of the marketing department as well as the greater organization. In this session, Simona Rabsatt, Director, Marketing Vendor Management - Walmart Stores, Inc. will discuss how Walmart has structured their procurement teams and how this organization has affected internal as well as external relationships.
Simona Rabsatt, Director, Marketing Vendor Management - Walmart Stores, Inc.
II. OPTIMIZING MEDIA SPEND: MEMBER OPEN DISCUSSION (11:00am-12:00pm)
ANA member open discussions provide great forums to share your experiences while learning from your peers at other companies. According to ANA research, media buying is at the top of the list among fifteen marketing communication activities for procurement having a high impact. See chart below. We'll ask attendees to share how they are impacting media spend at their respective companies.
Mike Thyen, Director - Marketing & Sales Procurement - Eli Lilly & Company
III. ROUNDTABLE WITH PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRMS (1:00-2:00PM))
This committee spends a lot of time discussing and debating issues related to advertising agencies and more recently, digital agencies. The role of public relations firms has become increasingly important for many companies and this session will feature a roundtable discussion with members of the Council of Public Relations Firms - a "sister" trade association of ANA. We'll discuss issues including:
- How the explosion of social media has sparked the recent growth of the PR industry
- PR agency compensation models - and why ad agencies should not be used as a benchmark for PR rates
- PR agency overhead
- Evaluating PR firms
- How procurement and PR firms can work together to define value and measure success
Kathy Cripps, President - Council of Public Relations Firms
Joshua Kaufman, Senior Vice President Business & Legal Affairs, Constituency Management Group - IPG
Anthony Viceroy, Global President and COO/CFO - Porter Novelli and Chair, Council of PR Firms Procurement Initiative
IV. OTHER BUSINESS (2:00-2:30PM)
ANA committee meetings provide a "focus group-like" environment, allowing attendees to pose their issues and challenges to attendees for instant feedback.
V. ANA PROCUREMENT TASK FORCE UPDATE (2:30-3:30pm)
The mission of the ANA Procurement Task Force is to define and elevate the role of marketing procurement and close the "gaps" on the value of procurement between procurement and internal marketing as well as procurement and external agencies. We will discuss the initiatives of our three subcommittees:
- Procurement Mentoring: connects junior/less experienced marketing procurement professionals with senior-level marketing procurement professionals.
- Procurement Case Studies: these focus on the value and positive contributions of marketing procurement. To date there are contributions from Toyota and Anheuser-Busch InBev. Additional case studies are in progress.
- Procurement Webinars: a webinar series for marketing procurement professionals started June 10 and runs on most alternate Fridays.