Media Leadership, West Coast Chapter
This event is over.
Meeting notes are available to current, logged in Members only.
NETWORKING BREAKFAST (9:00 – 9:45)
INTRODUCTIONS (9:45 – 10:00)
I. MARKETERS PANEL: MEDIA AGENCIES (9:45-11:00AM)
Join a panel of client-side marketers who will share their best practices and views on top media agency issues which will likely include:
- Agency Structure – How are teams structured for optimal effectiveness especially given the evolving cross channel landscape?
- Traditional vs. Specialty Agencies – What is the right mix?
- Managing Multiple Agencies/Companies vs. Single Holding Company Model
- Agency Compensation
- RFP Strategies and Process
- Global vs. Local
- Staying ahead of latest media technologies/startups
- Big Data
- The Upfront
- Agency Trading Desks
- Extreme Gifting
Marni Gordon, Vice President – ANA
Neda Stoll, Sr. Manager – Intel Corporation
Fred Chang, Senior Manager, Digital Marketing & Promotions – Jamba Juice
II. UPDATE: MAKING MEASUREMENT MAKE SENSE (3MS) (11:15AM-12:30PM)
The Cross Platform Measurement initiative, Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS) was launched in 2011 by the ANA, IAB and the 4A's in order to develop digital metrics and advertising currency that facilitate the cross-platform measurement and evaluation of media. The lack of consistent approach to measuring and assessing the effects of digital media has resulted in a cacophony of competing and contradictory measurement systems, contributing to a complex and costly supply chain for the industry. In this session, the Media Rating Council will explain their role in the industry, recent standard setting activities and the current status of the Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS) initiative.
David Gunzerath, Associate Director and Senior Vice President – Media Rating Council
LUNCH (12:30 – 1:00PM)
III. REI 1440 PROJECT: RESPONSIVE DESIGN & SOCIAL MEDIA CASE STUDY (1:00-2:00PM)
REI has a highly-engaged customer-base that make up an active community of people who share a love for the outdoors. REI wanted to offer an experience in return and decided to build a platform that allows their community to share their images in an easy way – and in real time to build connections and foster community. In this session, REI will share this compelling responsive design social media case study that showcases the minute-by-minute timeline of photography (based on the time the image was shot) that makes up a complete 24-hour period (1440 minutes). Learn about the insights that drove this experience, key lessons learned, and initial results.
Paolo Mottola, Digital Engagement Program Manager – REI
IV. MEMBER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION (2:00-2:30PM)
- 2013-2014 Upfront: In this session, we will ask ANA Media Leadership Committee members to share any best practices as we approach the 2013-14 upfront. We will also discuss if there is interest in exploring ways to balance pre-upfront press coverage and garner our own advertiser points of view regarding the marketplace.
- Commercial Ratings Summit: ANA convened an industry meeting on January 22nd, the day before our committee meeting, to discuss the opportunities and challenges of brand-specific commercial ratings as well as solutions that could facilitate their availability. Attendance was by invitation only and included ANA members, agencies, media companies, and select industry suppliers. In this committee meeting session we will debrief members on the outcome of this meeting and solicit member input on next steps.
- "What keeps you up at night?": ANA Media Leadership Committee Members will be asked to share what issues "keep them up at night" and share best practices to help their peers. We will also ask for input on topic ideas for future meetings and thoughts on industry initiatives this committee can own in 2013.
Alison Fowler, Director, Media, Central Marketing – Charles Schwab & Company, Inc.
Marni Gordon, Vice President – ANA