|Begins:||Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 9:00am|
|Ends:||Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 2:30pm|
|Location:||Reed Smith LLP
599 Lexington Avenue (btwn 52nd & 53rd Streets)
New York, NY
Meeting notes are available to current, logged in Members only.
9:00-9:45am Networking Breakfast
9:45-10:00am Introductions, Review of Agenda
I. DIGITAL, SOCIAL, MOBILE & THE LAW - WHAT MARKETERS NEED TO KNOW (10:00am-11:00am)
Joseph Rosenbaum, Partner - Reed Smith LLP will provide ANA Digital Marketing Committee members important information on the legal implications on some of the new emerging trends in digital, social, and mobile which include:
- Smart, web-enabled, GPS-capable mobile devices (phones and tablets) dominating the marketplace which is cannibalizing the functionality of a variety of other instruments such as desktops, laptops, and credit cards.
- Location Based Ads + Functionality/Action are now a necessity.
- Mobile has gone Social and Financial
- Using Mobile websites vs. Mobile Apps
In this session, you will also hear legal updates on "old news" such as data protection and privacy and location targeting.
Joseph Rosenbaum, Partner - Reed Smith LLP
II. ADVERTISING AGE: CES DELIVERED (11:15am-12:15pm)
Advertising Age will share an overview of the top trends, technologies and takeaways from CES. This recap will be coupled with inspiration and insights into ways brands can utilize the most cutting edge products to communicate with and engage their customers.
Kunur Patel, Reporter - Advertising Age
Lisa Scotto, Director, Strategic Partnerships and Insights - Advertising Age
III. MEMBER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: SOCIAL MEDIA - 2011 LESSONS LEARNED (12:30pm-1:15pm)
ANA member roundtable discussions are great ways to share experiences and perspectives on specific topics, while learning from your peers from other companies. In this session, we are asking each member to come prepared to share their top 2-3 lessons learned in 2011 when developing objectives strategies and executing social media plans for your brands.
- Some of 2011 lessons learned we are asking ANA Digital Marketing Committee members to share are:
- Best practices when working with social media companies (e.g.: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Examples of successes and failures when developing and implementing social media efforts as part of your brand's marketing/media plan
- Key learnings on measurement and privacy issues
- Tips on organizing internally and with your external partners
Marni Gordon, Senior Director, Committees - ANA
IV. GOOGLE+ "BEHIND THE SCENES" (1:15pm-2:15pm)
Google+, which had a soft launch last summer, is quickly taking major steps toward becoming a full-fledged Facebook rival. Google+ also recently launched Google+ Pages for brands and companies to have a presence and they also recently announced that Google+ will also provide an option to search results and pull data from their Google+ accounts. In this session, Google+ will share a "behind the scenes" look on the future of Google+ and provide best practices and case studies on how client-side marketers can leverage Google+ to build their brands.
Melanie Hamilton, Senior Sales Lead, Global Sales and Strategy - Google+