Social Media, West Coast Chapter
This event is over.
Meeting notes are available to current, logged in Members only.
Networking Breakfast - 9:00am - 9:45am
Welcome and Introductions - 9:45am - 10:00am
I. ELECTRONIC ARTS & PLAYFISH: SOCIAL GAMING BEST PRACTICES (10:00am-11:00am)
Electronic Arts and Playfish will share examples of how client-side marketers are using the social space for gaming. In this session, Electronic Arts and Playfish will also provide a publisher's take on the social games marketplace.
Bertram Chan, Senior Manager, Strategic Partner - Playfish - Electronic Arts
Aaron Lassila, Director - Global Media Sales - Electronic Arts
II. MEMBER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION (11:15am-12:15pm)
ANA member roundtable discussions are great ways to share experiences and perspectives on specific topics, while learning from your peers from other companies. In this session, we are asking each member to share examples and their points-of-view on:
• Best practices for energizing and engaging your employees and customers to "talk" about your brand
• Thoughts on what companies should be discussing in social media (e.g. related to business practice or conversations about interesting topics to form a relationship)
• What emerging trends do you see for social?
• How are you using gamification today, do you have any plans for tomorrow?
• What measures are you using for social, are they evolving/changing?
• Has your proportion of spend for social vs. traditional marketing changed in the last year, increased/decreased?
Diane Ueberle, Group Marketing Manager - Intuit Inc.
III. SOCIAL ADVERTISING - WHY? (1:00pm-2:00pm)
With everyone jumping into social advertising, many are shifting focus from what consumer are doing to answering questions about why they are doing it. To shed light on this shift we will share our latest research on the needs of social media advertisers. Through an in-depth study of over 700 social advertisers in six countries, we begin to peel back the layers, cut through the clutter and get to the heart of what really matters to most advertisers:
• How important is social advertising vs. social media presence?
• How important is social advertising vs. traditional media?
• How hard is it to jumpstart word of mouth?
David Barlin, Group Product Manager - Microsoft Advertising
IV. OTHER ISSUES (2:00pm-2:30pm)
We will solicit ideas for future meetings and open the floor for any other areas of discussion.