- The ANA/BAA 39th Marketing Law Conference - The conference this year will be held November 13-15, 2017 in Chicago, IL at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile and will feature many brand new sessions, topics and speakers. Check back for updates and the agenda for more information. Sponsorship opportunities are available - contact Ed Kabak at 646-708-8123 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The 2016 ANA/BAA 38th Marketing Law Conference, at the Downtown Chicago Marriott, Nov. 9-11, 2016 continued to be one of the broadest marketing and law conferences with deep practical legal content, fruitful networking and major CLE credits. There were deep dives into all aspects of Marketing and Advertising Law and Digital Media; IP and Privacy, FTC, State A.G. and state-regulation (NAD, CARU), Lanham Act, Class Actions, with many new sessions and 5 more sessions added to the total; there were 145 of the nation’s leading inside and outside counsel and federal, state and self-regulatory officials. There were 720 attendees, with over 200 major brands present. The Conference also featured the industry’s best networking and major CLE credits including for Ethics!
- Brand Activation Legal Committee has monthly presentations designed to provide a forum for industry experts and thought leaders to share their insights with the membership and the legal community at large. The presentations generally run for one-hour, participants can post questions, and all presentations are posted to the website.
- The Brand Activation Legal Webinar series, alternating with ANA Legal Webinars, is a bi-monthly meeting, focusing on marketing, advertising and promotion issues relevant to the legal community. A guest speaker will present with the opportunity for Q&A at the end of each webinar and afterwards the presentations are uploaded to the website.
- The In-house Counsel Legal Share Groups are each hosted by a brand. The purpose of a Legal Share Group is for in-house counsel professionals in their field to gather and share information, advice and best practices on the meeting's topic of interest. Past Legal Share Groups were held at Sony Interactive Entertainment, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble, Facebook, SC Johnson and numerous other brands.
- Legal Members-Only Conference (MOC): In 2016 a Members Only Conference (MOC) on The Business of Marketing Law: Negotiating Social Media & Branded Entertainment Deals, was held at American Express in NYC. The meeting focused on the legal skills and knowledge necessary to effectively draft, negotiation, execution and fulfill complex legal arrangements in the marketing and advertising law space, with a focus on Entertainment and Social Media deals. ANA members can attend the legal member-only conferences at no cost.
In 2017, there will be a breakfast in New York City with NAD and to network clearance representatives in the early spring. In April 2016, a Regulators breakfast was held in NYC. Speakers included Federal and State Regulators, FTC Northeast Regional office, the Office of the New York State Attorney General and New York City Department of Consumer Affairs. They shared their current and future policy and enforcement priorities. In 2015, their was a breakfast with Kathleen McGee, Bureau Chief, Internet Bureau of the Office of the New York State Attorney General. Ms. McGee presented an overview of her department and its objectives.
Regional Breakfasts, including 2-hour CLE Ethics presentation. The Legal Center also hosts a number of breakfasts each year; held at the offices of a brand, agency, vendor or law firm member offices. We anticipate scheduling Regional Breakfasts in other cities across the country.
The Legal Center also intends to hold additional non-breakfast local events, including events at the New York City Bar Association.
For further details, contact Ed Kabak at 1-646-708-8123 or email@example.com.