Global Procurement — Marketing Sourcing Specialist
Adobe Systems, Inc. at a Glance
Headquarters: San Jose, CA
IPO Date: 1986
Offices: 67+ offices worldwide
Fiscal 2013 revenue: $4.06 billion
Fiscal 2012 revenue: $4.4 billion
Fiscal 2011 revenue: $4.22 billion
Business units: Digital Media, Digital Marketing, and Print and Publishing
About Adobe United States
Adobe has over 5,900 employees in the United States and is headquartered in San Jose, California, with other office locations nationwide.
San Jose or San Francisco, CA
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. Our digital media and digital marketing solutions empower businesses to make, manage, measure, and monetize content. We are aggressively innovating to enrich content creation and to reinvent how companies interact with their customers across every digital channel. Just look around you, our impact can be seen on virtually every screen, from TV and movies to digital magazines, to websites and mobile devices.
There’s never been a better time to join Adobe. We are looking for exceptional talent who are ready to make an impact.
Serves as the primary liaison with internal marketing customers and suppliers in defining category spend strategies and plans to provide Adobe partners with scalable sources of supply. Obtains the best total cost of ownership, business and commercial terms. Actively contributes to major/strategic supplier performance initiatives aimed at bettering financial and operational performance. Although this role may adapt to different commodity categories managed within the sourcing/procurement organization, the current business need favors candidates with marketing expertise as well.
- Demonstrate ability to build strong trusted relationships with senior internal stakeholders
- Work closely with Functional Leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives
- Partner with the business to formulate and manage supplier management programs and drive supplier innovation
- Proactively seek value/savings opportunities across category spend, negotiate and report in the appropriate format
- Manage contracts to ensure that commercial obligations are met and the process for renewal or replacement of existing agreement is proactively managed and scalable toaccommodate for Adobe's growth
- Demonstrates assigned category expertise and business acumen
- Develop, issue and manage RFx activity as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements and lead commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers to ensure Adobe receives best value for money and associated cost savings
- Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favorable commercial terms. Ensure proper risk mitigation through legal terms as well as robust SLA's.
- Report progress on a weekly basis, indicating work planning and work in progress. Add agreements, service details and payment forecasts into a Contracts Database
- Support process improvements and process change initiatives
- Contribute to the strategic planning and direction of Sourcing/Procurement
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to network and influence others without direct oversight and supervision
- Strong communicator to upward management and peers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The following experience is desirable:
- Sound commercial contract knowledge and experience.
- MBA preferred, but Bachelor's degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 3 5 years related strategic sourcing, procurement, supply chain, or equivalent experience.
- Work experience and/or commodity content knowledge in marketing
An Award-Winning Employer
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to grow your career, Adobe’s the place for you.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, disability or veteran status.
About Adobe’s Finance, IT & Operations Group
The Finance, IT and Operations organization is responsible for Adobe's global financial operations, investor relations, and information technology programs. The group safeguards company assets, ensures the company meets financial regulatory requirements, provides efficient and scalable infrastructure and facilities, enables an efficient global supply chain, and communicates the "Adobe story" to the investment community. In addition, the organization supports Adobe's corporate development activities with responsibility for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, venture investments and new business initiatives.
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Generous time off, including 4 weeks of paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $10,000 educational reimbursement per year
- Generous 401-K company match of 50 percent of the first 6 percent of eligible compensation
- Generous commuter benefit
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Uniquely open and informal environment
Please apply at:
Req ID# 29539
Primary Adobe contact:
Shante Pappas, Senior Talent Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | 408.536.6922