Marketing Manager — Direct Marketing Communications Management — Prospecting Efforts
To lead the planning and development of integrated consumer/customer communications that build Allstate Brand consideration, preference, loyalty, and meet marketing business goals. To drive brand consistency and broaden the brand footprint across all media based on business goals and brand standards and guidelines. To deliver those communications with operational excellence.
Integrated Marketing Communications partners with other areas of Marketing and throughout the organization to ensure all consumer communications are strategically aligned against business goals and objectives.
The position will lead the creation and implementation of a wide range of direct marketing communications efforts with the goal to capture new customers and/or nurture warm leads. Programs include but are not limited to Allstate prospecting direct mail/email efforts, enewsletters, and inserts across all lines of Allstate Protection lines of business.
The individual will leverage measurement and analytics to guide future messaging recommendations, oversee a complex nurturing stream, ensure messages integrate with broader brand campaigns, and will work with a wide range of contacts to implement and monitor direct marketing efforts.
The candidate should demonstrate prior direct marketing campaign management success, be knowledgeable about industry trends and best practices, and be passionate about marketing communications.
The role will be required to offer innovative, strategic ideas built off of metrics to push the communications forward, possess excellent prioritization skills to manage a large volume of work, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Lead internal and external resources to create and produce consumer 1-to-1 direct marketing communications across a wide range of Allstate Protection business lines.
- Drive messaging and testing strategies built off of campaign metrics
- Ensure materials deliver against program and company goals and integrate with broader marketing efforts
- Deliver a high volume of materials in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify opportunities that push the creative product to be contemporary and resonate with identified target customer audiences
- Effective budget management
- Understanding of segmentation, list management, and test strategies
- Direct Marketing creative development/campaign management — Advanced
- Direct Marketing test strategies and implementation — Advanced
- Strategic and analytic skills, business judgment — Advanced
- Creative judgment — Advanced
- Project management/organizational skills — Advanced
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously — Advanced
- Works with sense of urgency and leads others to do so — Advanced
- Ability to work with a diverse team and navigate a wide range of situations — Advanced
- Relationship management/Interpersonal skills — Advanced
- Self-starter, able to manage autonomously — Advanced
- Solution-oriented, remains flexible in times of change — Intermediate
- Knowledge of print production and email programming process — Intermediate
- Naturally curious and passionate about the customer — Intermediate
- Oral and written communications skills — Intermediate
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a marketing organization and/or advertising/marketing communications agency.
- Has led the development and implementation of prospecting/customer marketing communication direct mail, email, newsletters
- Has worked in a team environment across a wide range of situations
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Mac experience a plus.
- Leadership of direct marketing prospecting efforts
- Client side experience combined with some Advertising/Marketing Agency experience — ideal but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Integrated Marketing Communications a plus
Click here to apply. Search for job number NOR05786.