Senior Manager, Agency Relations
New York, NY
The Agency Relations team in the Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) group at American Express is responsible for bringing the best expertise, quality, and innovations to the company through our third-party marketing relationships. In proactively managing our strategy and relationships with agencies and partners, we ensure the best partner talent and performance, improve the value of our marketing investments, and ensure compliance.
This position will be responsible for helping to maximize the value of our marketing agency relationships globally, and will include a wide range of functions, including, but not limited to:
- Support the ongoing management of our U.S. and international marketing agency rosters
- Help inform the overall agency strategy and evangelize agency selection guidelines across the business units
- Consult with internal teams across the organization to understand their evolving marketing needs and select the best agency fit
- Implement key initiatives sought to drive agency action planning with our principal agencies
- Liaise with select agency partners on day-to-day business management issues
- Communicate with and educate American Express marketers on agency policy and compliance; provide training when appropriate
- Help implement new agency policy and compliance requirements and training
Please note this position does not involve working on marketing or advertising planning or creative. This position reports into the Director, Global Agency Relations.
- Experience in marketing, including working with agencies, and/or vendor management, minimum 3 years preferred
- Self starter with ability to juggle multiple initiatives and troubleshoot issues independently
- Excellent collaboration skills and able to coordinate among cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills essential
- Comfortable with ambiguity and evolving strategies; adaptable in dynamic work environments
- Some international phone calls outside of regular business hours and occasional travel may be required
Click here to apply.