Director, Content Marketing
Founded in 1910, the ANA (Association of National Advertisers) leads the marketing community by providing members with insights, collaboration, and advocacy. The ANA includes more than 600 companies with 10,000+ brands that collectively spend over $250 billion in marketing communications and advertising. The ANA strives to communicate marketing best practices, lead industry initiatives, influence industry practices, manage industry affairs, and advance, promote, and protect all advertisers and marketers. More at www.ana.net.
This position is within the content team that programs our committees and conferences. This team manages multiple collaboration points with members and the broader marketing/advertising community via committees, conferences, webinars, and industry white papers. More specifically, the team annually manages approximately 80 committee meetings, 10 national industry conferences, 35 members only conferences, and 60 webinars.
ANA events help advance the marketing knowledge of ANA members, provide a forum for sharing best practices, peer-to-peer networking, and benchmarking, plus the ability to learn about new industry developments. Increasingly, they also provide a "voice" for marketers to advocate on behalf of industry issues.
New York, NY
The Director, Content Marketing position is on our content team that programs our committees and conferences. Responsibilities focus on programming compelling content to drive interest and participation. Importantly, the position provides the opportunity to assist in the development of ANA white papers and industry leadership initiatives.
- Manage approximately 5-6 committees from ANA's overall portfolio of 20 committees. Each ANA committee focuses on a specific topic. Members come for learning, networking, and to work on industry issues. Committees typically meet quarterly so there would be about 20-24 committee meetings to manage in a year. Committees meetings are intimate forums for learning and discussion and typically have between 15-30 attendees. ANA committees meet in New York, Chicago, and the West Coast. More at http://www.ana.net/community.
- Manage approximately 10 members only conferences a year from ANA's overall portfolio of approximately 35 events. Members only conferences are held all over the country and are usually hosted at an ANA member company. Attendance at members only conferences usually ranges from between 100-300. More at http://www.ana.net/events.
- Support the programming and marketing of between 2-3 national industry conferences. Such conferences are usually tied to committees. For example, there is a Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference as well as a Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee. National industry conferences are open to members and non-members and registration fees apply.
- Assist in development of ANA white papers and industry leadership initiatives — help identify topics, research issues, etc.
- Responsible for managing direct report (Senior Manager) who will co-manage a portion of the conferences, committees, and industry leadership initiatives listed above.
This role essentially offers a PhD in marketing, providing the opportunity to learn about the multiple facets of advertising, media, and marketing from some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
Domestic travel (10-20%) required. Reports to Vice President.
- Bachelor's degree
- Existing knowledge of topical areas, e.g., client/agency relations, media, integrated marketing, digital marketing, procurement
- Agency, client-side marketing or other relevant experience (minimum 10 years)
- Passion for the industry
- Strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities in results oriented environment
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail
Please send cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.