Director, Member Relations — West Coast
Association of National Advertisers (ANA) is the advertising industry’s oldest trade association. ANA leads the marketing community by providing its members indispensable peer-to-peer marketing insights, extensive collaboration opportunities, and unparalleled industry advocacy. Nationally ANA’s membership includes 600+ companies with 10,000 brands that collectively spend over $250 billion in marketing communications and advertising.
Los Angeles or Bay Area, CA
ANA is looking for a dynamic, experienced self-starter who understands marketing and advertising, enjoys change and challenge and seeks out learning what’s just ahead of the curve. We currently have a need for a Director of Member Relations in Los Angeles or Bay Area, California. If you are a former Account Director or Management Supervisor at an agency, or a marketer on the client side, this is your dream job. The Director of Member Relations will be responsible for building and managing relations with client-side marketers in a geographic territory, executing acquisition and retention strategies. In this role, you will regularly interact with Senior Marketers and help ANA member companies understand their membership benefits.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with corporate marketers at ANA member companies
- Deeply understand your member’s core marketing issues - know what keeps them up at night.
- Search for ways to demonstrate and deliver member value and maintain high levels of awareness of the ANA brand throughout your member companies
- Educate members as to the breath of services ANA offers and help them experience ANA’s products and services to create WOM support within each member company.
- Create, enhance, measure and evaluate member engagement and satisfaction.
- Be the member liaison: provide the internal ANA team with the insight necessary to actively engage each member to improve the quality of service.
New Business Development
- Prospect for members within your geographic area to ensure a continuous robust pipeline of opportunities
- Develop and implement outreach strategy plans for growth in accordance with annual targets
- Cultivate knowledge of the market and competitors
- Identify and develop the ANA’s unique selling proposition and differentiators
- Oversee the financial dues management including and collection process
- Ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the ANA’s member management system
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Client-side marketing or relevant agency experience (minimum 6-8 years).
- A rare breed that is equally adroit at account management and in closing the deal.
- Strong working knowledge of advertising, marketing and marketing strategy.
- Strong business writing, communication,and above-average interpersonal skills
- An outgoing, service-oriented attitude is critical
- Consistent willingness to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service
- Strong group presentation skills; equally comfortable communicating to a broad spectrum of job titles
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on managing members.
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate with very effective time management skills.
- Travel required
Please include a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered. Application materials may be sent to email@example.com