Director NE Member Relations
Association of National Advertisers (ANA) is the advertising industry’s oldest trade association. ANA leads the marketing community by providing its members indispensable peer-to-peer marketing insights, extensive collaboration opportunities, and unparalleled industry advocacy. Nationally ANA’s membership includes 600+ companies with 10,000 brands that collectively spend over $250 billion in marketing communications and advertising.
New York, NY
ANA is looking for a dynamic, experienced self-starter who understands marketing and advertising, enjoys change and challenge and seeks out learning what’s just ahead of the curve. We currently have a need for a Director, Member Relations based out in New York, NY. If you are a former account manager at an agency, or a marketer on the client side, this is your dream job. This position will be responsible for building and managing relations with client-side marketers on the East Coast and surrounding geographic territories, as well as executing acquisition and retention strategies. In this role, you will regularly interact with Senior Marketers and help ANA member companies understand their membership benefits.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with corporate marketers at ANA member companies
- Deeply understand your member’s core marketing issues - know what keeps them up at night.
- Search for ways to demonstrate and deliver member value and maintain high levels of awareness of the ANA brand throughout your member companies
- Educate members as to the breath of services ANA offers and help them experience ANA’s products and services to create WOM support within each member company.
- Create, enhance, measure and evaluate member engagement and satisfaction.
- Be the member liaison: provide the internal ANA team with the insight necessary to actively engage each member to improve the quality of service.
New Business Development
- Prospect for members within your geographic area to ensure a continuous robust pipeline of opportunities
- Develop and implement outreach strategy plans for growth in accordance with annual targets
- Cultivate knowledge of the market and competitors
- Identify and develop the ANA’s unique selling proposition and differentiators
- Oversee the financial dues management including and collection process
- Ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the ANA’s member management system
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Client-side marketing or relevant agency experience (minimum 3-5 years).
- A rare breed that is equally adroit at account management and in closing the deal.
- Strong working knowledge of advertising, marketing and marketing strategy.
- Strong business writing, communication, and above-average interpersonal skills
- An outgoing, service-oriented attitude is critical
- Consistent willingness to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service
- Strong group presentation skills; equally comfortable communicating to a broad spectrum of job titles
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on managing members.
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate with very effective time management skills.
- Extensive travel required – up to 85%
Please include a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered. Application materials may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.