Senior Content Marketing Strategist
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. Founded in 1910, ANA's membership includes more than 580 companies with 10,000 brands that collectively spend over $250 billion in marketing and advertising. The ANA pursues “collaborative mastery” that advances the interests of marketers and promotes and protects the well-being of the marketing community. For more information, visit www.ana.net, follow us on Twitter, or join us on Facebook.
New York, NY
The ANA has an exciting position open for an experienced Senior Content Marketing Strategist to help grow and manage its Marketing Knowledge Center. With 8,000+ insights, the MKC team provides ANA members with the marketing information needed to make better decisions faster, and captures all relevant content presented at ANA events and creates or acquires new pieces of timely, unique content, all which are available only to ANA members.
This person will join a team of motivated storytellers to take ANA content to the next level by developing a strategy to grow knowledge and strategic partner content, while also providing the value of content marketing to provide a better user experience for members.
The ideal candidate for this position should have experience working across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, and have demonstrated expertise in driving content strategy across all types of touch points. The strategist should be comfortable working in an evolving environment and be prepared to embrace the challenges of a growing department and organization.
- Manage the ANA’s portfolio of 100+ third-party content contributors and grow the program.
- Create recommendations for content partners based on business and user needs.
- Evolve best practices for content acquisition strategy.
- Manage daily content and content calendars.
- Perform competitive analysis on content topics and trends, and stay on top of business trends for new and timely content ideas.
Taxonomy and metadata architecture:
- Make sure content is properly described for the web and SEO.
- Assist in evolving taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content in CMS.
- Consider the many dimensions of online content: from messaging strategy to content production, and from informational structure to metadata management.
- Create gap analysis, content calendars, and governance plans.
- Apply SEO best practices in the development of website content that feature strong keyword usage and are highly relevant to potential search queries.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, and tone of voice. Optimize content for search and user experience across all channels including online, social media, and email.
- Establish workflow for creating, editing, promoting, repurposing, and retiring content. Work with various internal teams to implement desired workflow across appropriate CMS and channels.
- Work collaboratively across departments and articulate the importance of content strategy and management to the organization as a whole.
- Develop standards and best practices for content management, distribution, and governance.
- Work with a broad cross section of content stakeholders to identify and audit current ANA content standards.
Other duties related to the job:
- Know that content is king and will go that extra mile to ensure that content is relevant, timely, and has applied appeal for members.
- Flexible around project requirements and willing to perform other tasks as needed.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams in the development of content strategies based on business objectives and member needs.
- Be an active member of the content creation team.
- Collaborate with the content managers, writers, developers, and content creators of all types.
- Provide quality assurance of all content deliverables (including proofreading) and maintain a consistent voice and tone throughout all channels and assets.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Has a flair for critical thinking
- Familiarity with principles of marketing
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Has a degree in English, Communications, Media, Journalism, or Library Information Sciences
- Rich experience in knowledge/content management and CMS, with experience in taxonomy, SEO and metadata strategy, faceted search
- The ability to work autonomously to take ownership of tasks and work to deadlines
- Be able to take initiative and proactively seek out opportunities, identify gaps, and recommend ongoing improvements in how content can be managed
- At least 5 years of experience in developing content for multiple channels; excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
Please send cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.