Apollo Education Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Education Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Western International University, Apollo Lightspeed, College for Financial Planning, and Institute for Professional Development, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult. Apollo Education Group is the largest education service provider in North America and has the world's largest educational social network. Apollo is building state of art learning platforms in creating a virtual and highly engaging learning experience. The learning platforms which are built as a cloud-based (Education-as-a-Service) bring a more scientific and social approach to the learning experience. We are changing the way people learn and interact via advanced, scalable learning solutions.
Apollo Education Group, Inc., is a leading provider of higher education. We have a global network of subsidiaries that include University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Carnegie Learning, College for Financial Planning, Apollo Education Services, Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University. In 1973, Dr. John Sperling founded Apollo Education Group to reach out to working adults and offer them lifelong learning through an institution dedicated to their education. Today, our subsidiaries provide programs that are up-to-date and relevant to our students and to an evolving world.
San Francisco, CA
Do you want to work with a highly regarded online search marketing team? This person will join the organic search marketing team as a SEO Senior Analyst and play a vital role in the daily management of the University of Phoenix and other education-related organic search optimization. This role will be part of a team responsible for effectively driving organic search traffic to generate student inquiries. We're looking for someone who desires an opportunity to have a direct impact on the business. This role will report to the Sr SEO Manager and will be based in San Francisco.
The SEO Analyst monitors and analyzes the organization's website metrics to improve ranking and quality of organic search results.
- Implements strategies to increase search engine traffic to the company's website through SEO techniques such as title and Meta tagging, indexing, link building, keyword ranking and overall site architecture and content optimization.
- Monitors and analyzes site performance and reviews tracking metrics to provide solutions to increase search engine ranking. Researches and evaluates new traffic trends and identifies new optimization opportunities. Assesses search outcomes related to sites or advertising/marketing campaigns.
- While continuing to develop professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Proven results in developing and optimizing campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, be self-motivated, detail-oriented, data-driven and comfortable working on a team.
- A fundamental understanding of search engine crawling, indexing and ranking algorithms as well as SEO best practices
- A firm understanding of the Internet, website development, and online marketing
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail Experience using a web analytics tools like Site Catalyst, Google Web Analytics, etc.
- Experience using SEO tools like Google Webmaster Tools, Open Site Explorer, SEM Rush, Majestic SEO, etc.
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable manipulating large data sets
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and new campaigns simultaneously
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with SEO.
Apollo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.