Procurement Specialist, Marketing Agency Services
Beam is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is treated like family and trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets — our premium spirits and our people — we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Provide ongoing support to internal procurement and marketing teams to enable optimized performance and return on investment from external agencies and their work.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of a host of best practices, repeatable processes, templates, and tools for such things as RFI (request for information), RFP (request for proposal), contracting, SOWs (statements of work), and evaluation of agency partners.
- Support and actively participate in efficient and effective RFPs on behalf of and in support of marketing teams. Support and participate in the negotiation and contracting process for agencies, in close consultation with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement various reporting and analytics for the benefits of internal marketing teams and other internal stakeholders. Includes performing ongoing tracking and analysis of: established performance metrics, rates, hours (FTE’s), pass-through costs, etc.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity
The Procurement division at Beam is one that has undergone a solid and positive transformation over the past two years. It is an exciting time to be a part of a division that is tasked with changing the way we do business and driving for process improvement.
Marketing Procurement is a team that is positively defining its role and interaction with the greater Marketing organization. Through great efforts we have gained significant alignment with our business partners and look to continue our integration and growth within the team.
- Establish relationships with and acquire knowledge about existing and potential external agency partners.
- Foster a collaborative business model between Marketing Procurement and all cross-functional, relevant divisions to drive process and maximize efficient and effective spend. Work with team's goals against regional and local business plans. Measurement will be qualitative, defining instances of implementation of process improvement, with the goal of defining cost-savings opportunities.
- Cost savings. Secure tangible cost savings by procuring services at improved rates versus actual/similar cost during same time period of year prior. Establishment of definitive baselines to allow cost savings metrics to be applied year over year.
- Ensure the ongoing execution of effective agency relationship management programs to achieve optimal outcomes. Be accountable for the delivery of Marketing Procurement improvements across the spend, including: ATL, BTL, media, PR and research. Work under guidance of Procurement Manager, Marketing Agency Services, to ensure alignment with other procurement strategies and initiatives.
- Manage the integrity of all data and backup related to purchase orders.
Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance (eligible on date of hire)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- 401k and profit sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or a related field, prior agency experience is preferred
- 2-3 years previous experience with procurement, specifically marketing related
- Must have experience in understanding functions of external agencies
- Some previous experience in performing agency assessments is a plus
- Project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills (specifically Microsoft Excel)
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking/planning
- Project management
- Organization and planning
Job Specific Competencies
- Attention to detail
Click here to apply.