Advertising and Marketing Manager
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
ampm: The year was 1978.
The very first ampm store opened its doors in Southern California, to serve a snack-craved populace. From this one little store came the birth of a snack movement. More stores opened and it soon became clear to these early ampm pioneers that people everywhere wanted their fair share of snacks. As time went on, more and more ampm snack purveyors emerged to answer their calling and help quell the cravings.
Today, there are over 900 stores throughout the United States, serving nearly 2,200 different products. So day or night, for breakfast, lunch or dinner and everything in between, ampm stores are always there to serve your needs.
The ARCO and ampm brands have been fueling cars and providing convenience to customers for over 30 years. Our busy, hardworking customers come to ampm to quench their thirst and grab a snack. We have the value and choices so customers can get their fix quickly and the way they like it. ampm was ranked No. 16 in Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 500 franchises list in 2012. Parent company BP operates in over 80 countries, has more than 85,000 employees, and markets to consumers through over 20,000 retail outlets.
La Palma, CA
The Advertising and Marketing Manager is responsible for leading and directing advertising, marketing, and brand stewardship for the ampm brand across 950 retail locations in CA, WA, OR, AZ, and NV and the ARCO brand across 480 retail locations in Northern CA, WA and OR. The Advertising and Marketing Manager leads a very capable team of agencies to deliver programs that grow both sales and profits for franchisees and BP.
- Accountable for advertising and marketing activity, annual spend of circa $20 million.
- Responsible for managing multi-channel and multi-cultural creative and media strategy and planning.
- Marketing innovation leader around mobile, social, and digital media.
- Strategic plan development and coordination of all consumer communications.
- Budget management including development, monitoring, and forecasting.
- Proven track record at setting and measuring performance metrics including ROI.
- Brand gatekeeper; skilled on all aspects of the ampm and ARCO brands, able to articulate brand attributes and logo rules to ensure all communications are on brand.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 7+ years experience in advertising, marketing, and brand management including: agency management, creative development, and media buy management across multiple channels (TV, Radio, Out of Home, Digital, Mobile, Social, and Sponsorships).
- Ability to develop strong relationships across teams within the organization and with external agencies.
- Innovation leader — challenge existing communication channels, work with marketing team and agencies to explore new options.
- Must have hands-on mobile/social/digital expertise.
- Experience with advertising, marketing, and brands — ability to create differentiation and strong appeal in an innovative way.
- Strong record of leading and motivating in a dynamic environment.
- Communicate with clarity and credibility in both written and oral form with peers, field operations, franchisees, and third parties.
- Easily and effectively work with varying cross-functional work groups, external agencies, and suppliers.
- Demonstrated commercial and analytical capabilities.
- Performance driven and results oriented — takes initiative, ability to solve problems, and demonstrates good follow-through.
- Time management and personal effectiveness — must be able to multi-task and work independently.
Click here to apply.