Senior Marketing and Brand Specialist
San Francisco, CA
The Senior Marketing and Brand Specialist is responsible for providing marketing services, brand management, and brand activation of Brown & Toland's portfolio of brands. This includes overseeing the execution of marketing tactics from marketing plans, acting as lead brand champion in the organization to build the masterbrand internally and externally, and ensure that use of the brand is compliant. The Specialist will manage designers and vendors to manage the design, production, and fulfillment of various marketing communications and promotional materials, maintain all brand assets, support corporate advertising campaigns, product, and partnership marketing and sponsorships. Marketing services development and brand activation will be aligned to membership growth and other company business objectives. The Specialist will work with minimal supervision leading key company-wide projects and lead cross-functional teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop marketing plans in support of segment and partnership marketing strategies to support key business objectives and support growth of Brown & Toland's major lines of business.
- Acts as primary project lead with internal departments on the design, development, and execution of marketing communications materials development. Ensure teams understand importance of maintain brand standards and that they are brought throughout marketing communications materials produced.
- Responsible for overall brand management of Brown & Toland's brand portfolio including maintenance and development of brand identity standards, brand architecture, logo assets, corporate brand photo library, templates, guidelines, and all training materials.
- Responsible for the evaluation, selection, and implementation of a digital asset management tool. Once selected, responsible for the ongoing management of it.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all brand guidelines and style guides.
- Responsible for employee and vendor brand training.
- Acts as project lead for brand photo shoots, acquisition of stock photos, and maintenance of photo licensing for all assets purchased or originated. Develop a self-administered brand training tools and maintain on intranet.
- Liaise with HR for the development and execution of employee brand engagement programs.
- Develops and implements brand compliance plan to ensure brand compliance happens among employees, external vendors and partners. This includes development, maintenance, and oversight of marketing communications auditing process.
- Responsible for brand activation through the development of a sponsorship strategy. Includes identification of key community sponsorships, relationship building with key community leaders, and production of events. Delegates tasks as needed.
- Support partnership marketing and customer segment marketing managers in fulfilling their marketing services needs for partnership marketing, targeted segment campaigns, and digital marketing.
- Oversee the design, development, and production of promotional materials, including management of contracted vendors.
- Support communications specialist and agency partners with website page creative development and ensure website is on-brand visually and verbally.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with network physicians and lead and manage the development and production of all physician directories. Identify opportunities for the Brown & Toland brand to live in physicians physical environments.
- Complete all projects using project plans within scheduled time frames and on budget.
- Maintain an open and receptive attitude with management and staff.
- Job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities, including documentation, if pertinent.
- Advanced knowledge of health care market, managed care, and health care marketing activities, including execution of marketing activities to consumers.
- Marketing planning.
- Brand management and brand compliance.
- Management of creative resources like graphic designers
- Creative, problem-solving, and innovation skills.
Skills including: project management, facilitation, strategy development, creative thinking, and problem-solving. Time management essential.
- Customer focused and communication skills.
Advanced communication and analytical skills required to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
Education and/or Training:
BA required; MA preferred, marketing and brand experience mandatory.
Seven to ten years of health care marketing experience with increased responsibility in across positions. Prior experience in working in complex healthcare environment with multiple partners and brands. Well-developed communication skills and experiences in working in a multi-faceted, demanding environment with multiple ongoing projects required.
Click here to apply.