Senior Manager — Global Marketing Procurement
Campbell Soup Company
This position will be responsible for leading the Advertising and Market Research Categories across the Procurement organization in support of approximately $300 million in spend for operating companies within North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Canada. The individual will be expected to lead and deliver Procurement’s financial and process goals and objectives, drive strategic alignment and strong partnership with Marketing leadership, utilize category and procurement expertise to deliver results to the Marketing division, lead the connection of Campbell’s business units to influence and implement category strategies in the Advertising and Reach Categories.
The scope of this role includes all Creative, Digital, Media and PR Agencies as well as all our Custom and Syndicated Research partners. Additional areas of responsibility include, Strategic Consulting and other Marketing related partnerships. The incumbent will manage a professional staff of 1 to 2, including positions ranging from Buyer through Manager.
- The candidate will act as the organizational representative in dealing with Senior Management, key internal stakeholders, Campbell’s business units, and external Marketing suppliers. In conjunction with Campbell’s Director of Global Marketing Procurement and the functional business leaders, the incumbent will lead the development of the Agency & Market Research category and supplier relationships, incorporating key business and strategic sourcing strategies.
- This role is responsible for the success of the Advertising Agency and Market Research category, while collaborating with key stakeholders to achieve all organizational goals and business imperatives. The candidate will lead a team in the establishment of a framework to obtain best price, best practices and impactful innovations.
- This position is accountable for driving revenue enablement through leading the development of Marketing supplier enabled innovation (SEI) program, strategic Marketing category development, supply market business intelligence, and functional needs and requirements.
- Develop and champion Advertising Agency and Market Research strategies that will drive measurable improvements in the areas of customer satisfaction, compliance and cost benefits. Coordinate and leverage Marketing Procurement opportunities with other Campbell operating companies.
- Negotiate critical Marketing Agreements and annual Statements of Work/Staffing Plans through collaboration with Campbell’s Legal Counsel, Global Advertising and Marketing
- This position is responsible for Marketing Procurement performance metrics related to the Advertising Agency and Market Research Category, including CIP’s, Supplier Diversity spend, total value, supplier enabled innovation (SEI), spend under contract. The incumbent will lead the monitoring, measuring, and reporting on procurement strategies, opportunities, and achievements.
- This position will lead the Marketing strategic “Supplier Relationship Management” program for the Advertising Agency and Market Research Category, including, opportunity assessment, external supply intelligence, negotiation, development of program, and top to top strategic relationship management
- Lead Supplier Diversity strategies and initiatives for the Advertising Agency and Market Research Category, as well as assist in the awareness of Supplier Diversity across the Marketing organizations.
- This position will lead the development of procurement resources, champion integration of strategic procurement practices supported by training and development activities. The incumbent will play a leadership role in the recruitment, selection, development, and management of organizational members within their Category.
- The incumbent must have the ability to interact with team members at all levels in the organization, as well as senior leadership across multiple functions. The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business and align and engage resources that are outside their area of responsibility.
- The incumbent must have solid coaching and influencing skills to ensure team success.
- The incumbent must demonstrate strategic thought leadership in moving Procurement strategies forward with respect to indirect category.
- BS/BA with a preference towards Marketing, Finance or Procurement
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Procurement of Marketing Services
- Demonstrated track record of business results in a matrix environment and/or with multiple companies
- Demonstrated track record of talent management, people development and resources management
- Cross company and/or cross matrix experience working in managing large complex projects Additional Specifications
- Demonstrated self starter, imaginative/innovator, and able to set executive direction
- Work without direction and determine own methods to accomplish work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing and team building skills
- Thrives in a matrix environment •Strategic and analytical thinker
- Strong experience in procurement, finance and contracts (legal)
- High frequency of interaction with external suppliers and business partners
- Able to travel 20% (mainly domestic with some global)
- Certifications and Licensing Strongly Preferred: MBA & CPM
Business Travel within North America – 20 percent
Travel to Asia Pacific, Europe, & Canada as required.