Indirect Procurement Buyer (Media Specialist)
New York, NY
Scope of Responsibility
Participates on a regional cross functional team responsible for the procurement of Indirect goods and services. The Indirect Procurement Buyer plays an integral role by:
- Responsible for partnering with Traditional and Digital IMC/Media teams to assist them with the working media investment process and optimization of the non-working media services.
- Perform quarterly analysis/benchmark on cable television buys as well as digital investment to ensure the media costs are in line with the market.
- Assist in running annual agency evaluations through online management system.
- Assist in the monthly traditional and digital agencies fee reconciliation process.
- Provide oversights of working and non-working media and advertising investment and stewardship of media buys and post-buy analysis.
- Manage Media audits for all the NA subsidiaries.
- Develop Shopper Media buying management system via establishing a close partnership with Shopper Marketing.
- Sources and selects suppliers, negotiates prices, and recommends purchases, to obtain the best possible value while adhering to quality specifications and business requirements.
- Identify spend management strategies for repeated purchases using Colgate-Palmolive's seven step sourcing process.
- Manage strategic business relationships, internally and externally, to ensure the alignment of sourcing solutions with critical business requirements.
- Ensure organization receives superior service, quality, and innovation while achieving financial goals.
- Gain a comprehensive industry knowledge of best practices, processes, and technology trends to proactively adjust sourcing strategy.
- Leverage metrics and eprocurement tools to optimize sourcing processes.
- Participate in the development, negotiation and implementation of contract agreements with suppliers.
- Take a leadership role in identifying, planning, and implementing simplification and/or savings projects with the IMC traditional and digital team.
- Work with team members, business and functional business partners, and suppliers to develop and monitor project plans to ensure sourcing projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Maintains databases, e Team rooms, eCommunities, and tracking documents accurate and updated.
- Actively participates in global procurement initiatives, ie. Category Circles.
- Bachelor's degree in a business relevant discipline (Business, Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering)
- Relevant project management work experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, or related business disciplines
- Clear, concise communicator with the ability to present sourcing solutions to various levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of procurement, spend category management and project management methodology's, and e-procurement processes.
- 1+ year of experience with either SAP, Ariba or Emptoris
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.