Buena Park, CA
Dr. Fresh LLC is a leader in the oral care segment and is focused on enabling families to live better, healthier lives. Dr. Fresh achieves this by providing families with innovative oral care products that provide performance and value as well as entertainment for kids. Oral care is a competitive category that has a high number of SKUs and is dominated by large international players (Procter & Gamble, Colgate, Church & Dwight). Dr. Fresh Inc. has enjoyed above average growth rates of 10% - 15% for the last three years due to increased account penetration, new products, and brand velocity. They have exceptional skills in sourcing high quality/low cost goods from China. The business objective is to continue their success by increasing the marketing and sales skill set to further grow the FDM classes of trade while transitioning the company from a product focus to a brand focus. Dr. Fresh LLC operates 3 offices globally: i) headquarters are based in Buena Park, CA; ii) London, U.K. office for European subsidiary and; iii) Shenzhen, China to lead sourcing of goods manufactured in China.
In May 2012, Dr. Fresh LLC partnered with Moelis Capital Partners to create a winning portfolio based on the following propositions:
- REACH — created by 2 engineers and a dentist, REACH was inspired by professional dental instruments and designed to better clean hard to reach places. REACH is designed to provide superior performance for the whole family and was acquired by Dr. Fresh LLC in December 2012.
- Firefly — a leading children’s oral care brand, Firefly is designed to entertain kids into healthy habits. Firefly helps parents build a healthy oral care routine with their children as well as help to minimize the mess all kids make.
- Dr. Fresh — Dr. Fresh is an adult oral care brand, which provides unique and innovative products that offer function and value.
- Binaca — Acquired in 2008, Binaca is a breath freshener brand with substantial heritage. The objective is to restage and re-launch Binaca to create a leading oral care brand in several category segments in the very near term.
We are seeking a Global Brand Manager to grow the Firefly, REACH, and Binaca brands. We desire an individual with the passion and enthusiasm to work with a rapidly growing business, launching new products, and building a world-class consumer brands.
This role is responsible for providing the overall brand marketing and new product development activities for Dr. Fresh. They are the single point of contact for the implementation of market strategy and all market research, advertising and promotions, and new product developmental activities. They will work very closely with the CMO and Sales Directors. They are also responsible for developing and managing the marketing budget
- Developing our new consumer marketing plans and launching them across our different channels
- Develop and implement marketing strategy to effectively reach customers, communicate the value proposition of the product, and influence purchase of product.
- Identifying new consumer trends and assist with strategy development
- Lead the development of consumer and trade promotions while working with Category Management and Sales Directors
- Be an advocate for our brand and manage all the branding for our channel partners and manage the budget for our direct marketing
- Identify new lines of business, competitive industry analysis using AC Nielsen, trade publications, trade shows, stores visits, and identify new product + formulation technologies
- Act as a key liaison between Marketing, Product Development, Sales, and European teams and external Agency Partners
- Lead Creative Briefing, reviews to provide feedback and direction
The duties of this position are performed in a multi-story office building with warehouse and manufacturing plant. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see on a daily basis. Walking and standing for 10% of the time, sitting at desk and using a computer for 90% of the time. Often work more than the standard 40 hours a week. Travel, including international travel, may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required, MBA preferred
- Consumers Packaged Goods experience, with Kids, Youth, and Family marketing preferred
- 5 - 10 years brand management and/or retail merchant background required; preferably within CPG, Oral Care, or Personal Care products.
- Proven track record in growing an established business or launching new brands
- Experience in TV, Video, Print Advertising, Online Advertising, and Packaging required
- World class PowerPoint + Retail Selling Material creation required
- Proven experience leading and developing a team (cross-functional/or direct reports)
- Global Consumer Marketing experience preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively, at all levels, and to generate positive relationships across the matrix
- Exceptional analytical skills and solid planning and organizational skills
- Superb communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to drive programs in a complex organization
- Creative thinker with talent for developing novel solutions to meet business needs
- Proven experience leading and developing a team (cross-functional and/or direct reports)
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to lead others and work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Encourages teamwork and ability to motivate others to get results
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Tolerant of others and culture while being able to influence team toward common goal. Candidate will be a strong communication who will be empathetic of culture while actively pursuing an agenda of continuous improvement
- A big picture mindset, thinks big and takes on big challenges — sets challenging targets, never satisfied with results, achieve results the right way — planning, perseverance, and overcome obstacles
- Lead by personal example and acts as the owner, rather than an employee
- Demonstrate passion and innovation to continuously deliver improved results without taking “short cuts”
- Build great teams and build consensus — can create a vision and sense of purpose that others are motivated to join
Please send your resume to Shelena McClinton, Human Resources Manager.
Dr. Fresh, LLC considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.