Project and Creative Services Manager
Buena Park, CA
Dr. Fresh LLC is a leader in the oral care segment and is focused on enabling families to live better, healthier lives. Dr. Fresh achieves this by providing families with innovative oral care products that provide performance and value as well as entertainment for kids. Oral care is a competitive category that has a high number of SKUs and is dominated by large international players (Procter & Gamble, Colgate, Church & Dwight). Dr. Fresh Inc. has enjoyed above average growth rates of 10% - 15% for the last three years due to increased account penetration, new products, and brand velocity. They have exceptional skills in sourcing high quality/low cost goods from China. The business objective is to continue their success by increasing the marketing and sales skill set to further grow the FDM classes of trade while transitioning the company from a product focus to a brand focus. Dr. Fresh LLC operates 3 offices globally: i) headquarters are based in Buena Park, CA; ii) London, U.K. office for European subsidiary and; iii) Shenzhen, China to lead sourcing of goods manufactured in China.
In May 2012, Dr. Fresh LLC partnered with Moelis Capital Partners to create a winning portfolio based on the following propositions:
- REACH — created by 2 engineers and a dentist, REACH was inspired by professional dental instruments and designed to better clean hard to reach places. REACH is designed to provide superior performance for the whole family and was acquired by Dr. Fresh LLC in December 2012.
- Firefly — a leading children’s oral care brand, Firefly is designed to entertain kids into healthy habits. Firefly helps parents build a healthy oral care routine with their children as well as help to minimize the mess all kids make.
- Dr. Fresh — Dr. Fresh is an adult oral care brand, which provides unique and innovative products that offer function and value.
- Binaca — Acquired in 2008, Binaca is a breath freshener brand with substantial heritage. The objective is to restage and re-launch Binaca to create a leading oral care brand in several category segments in the very near term.
We are seeking a Project and Creative Service Manager to define our go-to market strategy, collaborating with other departments to help understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. If rapidly growing a business, launching new products, and building world-class consumer brands is for you, get in touch.
Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans through market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, and business planning. The ideal candidate must be able to interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with Sales, Operations, and Purchasing and Quality. The will provide leadership skills, creativity, and design knowledge to make recommendations and bring a fresh approach to our current strategies. They will work under the direction of the CMO.
- Develop product position and messaging that differentiates products in the market
- Communicate the value of the products to the sales team and develop tools that support the selling process of your products
- Plan the launch of new products and preleases, manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence, the expert on our buyers, how the buy and buying criteria; be the expert in understanding the competition
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activites
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
The duties of this position are performed in a multi-story office building with warehouse and manufacturing plant. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see on a daily basis. Walking and standing for 10% of the time, sitting at desk and using a computer for 90% of the time. Often work more than the standard 40 hours a week. Travel, including international travel, may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing required
- 5+ years of experience project management experience in consumer packaged goods, oral care, or personal care
- Leading product development teams, designers, and artists
- Global oversight, particularly Europe is desired
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to multi-task and to effectively lead a multiple departmental leaders, including the ability to give clear direction and follow projects to completion.
- Ability to approach problems analytically, proactively, and with financial judgment
- Passion for producing excellent work
- Excellent creative feedback and project management skills a must
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lead others and works effectively with a wide variety of people
- Encourages teamwork and motivates others to get results
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Tolerant of others and culture while being able to influence team toward common goal. Candidate will be a strong communication who will be empathetic of culture while actively pursuing an agenda of continuous improvement
- A big picture mindset, thinks big and takes on big challenges — sets challenging targets, never satisfied with results, achieve results the right way — planning, perseverance, and overcome obstacles
- Lead by personal example and acts as the owner, rather than an employee
- Demonstrate passion and innovation to continuously deliver improved results without taking “short cuts”
- Build great teams and build consensus — can create a vision and sense of purpose that others are motivated to join
Please send your resume to Shelena McClinton, Human Resources Manager.
Dr. Fresh, LLC considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.