Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA
CSA Travel Protection, a Europ Assistance company, is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Marketing team, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing. This person will be responsible for product planning and development, contributing to the marketing of our travel insurance products and working with our business partners/resellers to generate profitable revenue.
The Senior Product Manager will define the product strategy and roadmap for our travel insurance products, be the product expert with respect to our products and competitor products, work with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Underwriting, Compliance, IT/Development, Operations, Finance) to deliver product enhancements and new related products based on the roadmap and work with the Marketing team to develop product positioning, messaging and sales materials for our internal sales teams as well as business partners/resellers.
The ideal candidate will take a leadership role within the company and be adept at developing and articulating a business case for recommended product initiatives; able to identify and negotiate with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities; and possess a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing. Travel will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field is required;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Experience within the travel insurance industry and/or regulated industry preferred;
- Demonstrated success defining and launching new products and/or product enhancements;
- Experience working at both strategic and operational execution levels in B2B and/or B2B2C environments;
- Ideal candidate will also have e-commerce experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Entrepreneurial drive with ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, matrix organization;
- Proven ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams without direct authority;
- Strategic thinker with strong business intelligence and proven success optimizing products to achieve business goals while maximizing return on investment;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to develop and articulate compelling business cases and presentations at the executive level;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues, constituents, and external audiences at all levels.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct in-depth market, industry and competitive research and analysis and develop buyer personas that inform and underpin product positioning and roadmap;
- Own the travel insurance products ensuring customer and distributor needs are met, identifying and solving problems from a consumer-centric mindset using customer use cases and stories and understanding market dynamics and consumer trends to drive continued product enhancements and evolution;
- Work with sales and business partners/resellers to drive profitable revenue and growth of the travel insurance products;
- Define product strategy and roadmap; develop product positioning, messaging and collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop go-to-market plans and sales materials;
- Serve as product expert with industry and competitor knowledge;
- Identify and work with third parties to assess partnership opportunities;
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive development of product enhancements and new products, from concept to delivery;
- Write and maintain clear functional product specifications that address consumer needs and provide clarity for IT/Development.
- Customer Service - Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image;
- Innovation - Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Results Focused - Works effectively to achieve goals, targets and results, sets challenging goals for self, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, and accepts accountability;
- Financial and Business Acumen - Understand how their actions and behaviors impact the company's profitability. Makes conscious decisions for their actions and behaviors to have a positive financial impact on the organization;
- Individual Effectiveness - Meets commitments, works independently, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements;
- Teamwork - Listens to others and values opinions that are different from their own, assists team leader/team members to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Click this link to apply: