Segment Marketing Manager - Waterworks and HFG
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked as the largest plumbing wholesaler in North America. Ferguson is also the industry's second largest distributor of pipes, valves and fittings, waterworks, and heating and cooling equipment in North America. In 1953, Ferguson was founded with $150,000 starting capital and two locations. The next five decades saw phenomenal growth, with the company doubling in size every five years. In 1982, Wolseley plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange and based in the United Kingdom, acquired Ferguson, supplying the financial strength for Ferguson's rapid growth and aggressive expansion into the industrial, heating and cooling (HVAC) and waterworks markets. It's Ferguson's associates who make the difference. Ferguson employs approximately 19,000 associates. Through our industry-leading recruiting program, we aggressively pursue the best and brightest college and university graduates from across the country. Our branch managers also recruit candidates on the local level to ensure that our sales associates can identify the needs of our local customers. Ferguson services customers coast-to-coast, with a distribution network spanning approximately 1,350 service centers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and Mexico. Our company has a unique culture and a tradition of supporting civic, cultural, educational and environmental activities. We are committed to the highest standards of ethics, from helping our customers select green product solutions to providing a safe and secure workplace environment.
Newport News, VA
Responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns to generate new customers and improve customer retention in the Waterworks (WW) and Hospitality, Facilities and Government (HFG) businesses. This position will organize, coordinate and execute marketing campaigns and events in alignment with the business groups and branch network. Work closely with the business groups and P&L executives to understand overall business goals and revenue targets in order to design and manage the implementation of marketing strategies around those goals.
- Responsible for the development of customer facing marketing programs to include marketing collateral (trade print and online ads, video content), sales enablement tools (brochures, presentations), updating WW and HFG website content and coordination of all other promotional programs for the business.
- Maintain updated sales enablement tools and coordinate implementation and distribution that supports the sales organization (e.g. sufficient supplies, reordering, and availability on company's intranet).
- Lead the development and direction of positioning and messages that differentiates Ferguson channel products and services in the market and delivers relevant customer value.
- Demand generation and retention — develop the strategy and manage the multi-media advertising and promotional programs that drive awareness and demand for the WW and HFG channel products and services.
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness along with increasing sales and profits.
- Work in conjunction with Counter Marketing Manager to insure disciplined execution of WW and HFG counter and promotional programs.
- Plan, organize, and execute product promotional sales programs.
- Communicate the value proposition of each business group to customers and to sales associates.
- Collaboratively develop the district/branch allocations of vendor marketing co-op.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
- Assume financial responsibility of the Trade Marketing budget and submit budget proposals according to the annual planning/budgeting process.
- Generate, nurture and track the closure of customer leads.
- Gather and report customer intelligence to sales teams.
- Keep abreast of social media demands and email and direct mail campaigns.
- Compose and incorporate digital/rich media where appropriate (e.g. digital signage, links from emails, branch landing pages, digital signage).
- Create programs that support brand loyalty and integrate existing customer loyalty programs.
- Attend trade shows and events to market WW and HFG products where and when appropriate.
- Develop thorough understanding of WW and HFG product lines and value chain.
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- Experience developing marketing tools
- Experience creating content for a website
- Experience with lead generation and nurturing
- Marketing experience in our industry or related industry
- Experience developing promotional campaigns of products
- Working knowledge of social media *Understanding of trade customers
- Familiarity with Loyalty programs at a company
- Familiarity with trade shows and events, including organization and coordination
- Familiarity with Waterworks and HFG industry or related products a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere Trade Merchandising experience
- Customer Segmentation Knowledge
- Accepts responsibility, is self-motivated and accountable for achieving targets.
- Results-oriented, excellent ability to utilize and manage the organization’s resources to achieve goals
If you are interested, please apply at the link below: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25371&siteid=5331&AReq=15268BR&Codes=JB-OTH
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.