Agency Management, Manager/Senior Procurement Manager (2 openings)
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
South San Francisco, CA (two openings available)
General Position Summary & Purpose
The general purpose of the Manager/Senior Manager, Agency Management Services role is to develop and manage execution of commercial category management strategies, plans, programs, projects and other initiatives for the assigned category(ies) or projects. You will typically be assigned multiple, higher volume and/or more complex projects across Agency Management to manage functionally.
Key responsibilities include: 1) individual category management strategies; 2) strategic sourcing; 3) program implementation; 4) business partner and 5) portfolio management and coordination
Agency Performance Management:
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with strategic agencies/suppliers and external partners, having an in-depth knowledge of key markets in which Genentech/Roche operates, as well as understanding existing product/service offerings for the assigned categories within commercial and future trends for such.
In this role it is expected that you develop category strategies and plans that maximize the value of services sourced and acquired by the commercial and marketing organization of Genentech/Roche. You would identify and recommend best practices and operational, logistical, and analytical support for cross-commercial agency management initiatives. Other specific responsibilities include data analysis and reporting, identification and improvement of business processes related to efficient management of external agencies, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with brand management and cross-functional teams to optimize the effectiveness of agencies supporting Genentech's Commercial Operations' organization.
The Manager applies the following level of function to the duties and responsibilities listed in this job description:
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Work is performed under limited or no direction.
- May provide guidance and coordinate work activities of other personnel.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems and initiatives.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, including inter-organizational impact.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the assigned agency management categories, relevant internal business partner functions, key markets, agencies/suppliers, external partners and their existing product/service offerings and future trends for such
- Conducting and managing strategic agency negotiations
- Innovating and driving Agency Management process management excellence, including new/evolving technologies, business processes, vendor capabilities and other continuous improvements, by playing a lead role, as assigned, in strategic projects or other initiatives
- Delivering financial and qualitative targets for assigned projects/categories of considerable volume and/or complexity
- Coordinate the overall progress, prioritization and performance of the commercial category management portfolio in alignment with the US Commercial Services leadershipteam.
- Lead and manage key departmental business processes (e.g., including but not limited to: performance evaluations, annual benchmark reporting, periodic reconciliations, new agency selection and onboarding, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Use research and business analytics to develop and report a cumulative perspective, extrapolate meaning, identify and recommend opportunities to further enhance operations and optimize the overall effectiveness and efficiencies from all Agency Management Services activities
- Play an active role in business process development, continuous improvement, and other operational excellence-oriented activities.
- Develop and cultivate key relationships internally and externally
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Act in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
- 6 or more (for Manager) and 10 or more (for Sr. Manager) years' experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology, either on the client or the agency side; agency experience is a plus
- Must have outstanding knowledge of the full client-vendor cycle, i.e. initiating, selecting, contracting, managing and evaluating agency vendor performance, contract compliance and return on investment
- Experience in contractual and financial aspects of client-vendor relationships
- Direct experience in pharmaceutical marketing is a plus, e.g., product management, promotions management, advertising, etc.
- Must demonstrate previous project management responsibilities and demonstrable abilities for cross-functional problem-solving and driving change through to successful implementation
- Must demonstrate knowledge of, or the aptitude to learn, the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Demonstrated abilities and competence building and presenting analytical information and translating such content into appropriate formats to facilitate discussion of key considerations and decision-points
- Must demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills with MS Excel is a plus). Expert knowledge and development experience in advanced Microsoft Excel-based modeling and general analytics process and system design/implementation
- Experience with object-oriented query tools (e.g. Business Objects) and writing macros is a plus
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for internal and external business meetings
The next step is yours. To apply today, click here.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.