Digital Analytics, Associate - Brand and Content Strategy
New York, NY
The Brand and Content Strategy Group Digital Analytics Associate will manage our analytics efforts with a focus on executing and coordinating the analysis that translates data into actionable insights. These insights inform the firm’s brand strategy and content marketing for goldmansachs.com, social media platforms, paid media, and more. You will collect and manage data across sources and quarterback the relationship with our consultants to analyze a wide range of digital metrics and work with them to provide reporting intelligence that will yield insights that influence strategic marketing decisions.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and contributing to the public dialog to better explain our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on the key trends and themes that are shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed across goldmansachs.com, social media, SEO/SEM, paid media campaigns and sponsored content, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm’s presence on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+) and the gs.com website. We also look after marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), agency and outside vendor sourcing, managing conferences and speakers’ series, and thought leadership content development and distribution.
- Manage the effort to collect and analyze digital metrics working with agencies and consultants, including but not limited to gs.com website traffic and user behavior, search engine marketing, paid and organic social media activity, owned media, and paid media campaigns.
- Work with consultants to determine and refine core KPIs that help measure our progress toward goals and further our team’s efforts.
- Provide insights based on analysis and in the context of ongoing paid/owned/earned media to help inform brand marketing and content strategies across digital.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to gauge performance for the purpose of quick updates to management.
- Conduct social media listening for our brand and the competitive landscape using a range of tools. Provide reports on social listening results including context to understand the significance (or insignificance) of specific moments.
- Create comprehensive dashboards and visualizations to help understand the quantitative results.
- Package results and findings into two types of reports:
- Detailed, pertinent and actionable information and insights for those who actively manage the media and content campaigns
- Streamlined macro insights and takeaways for senior executives
- Assist in the assembling of case studies of content creation and distribution efforts that can be used to market our offerings to divisions across the firm.
Experience / Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of analytical work experience.
- Masters or BA/BS degree with a quantitative focus or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong analytic, mathematics, statistical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Solid communications and writing skills including the ability to take complex or ambiguous topics and create compelling narratives for senior management.
- Proven experience in the use of web analytics solutions (i.e. Adobe Analytics / SiteCatalyst / Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.) and strong knowledge of digital metrics.
- Experience in the use of social media marketing and data visualization tools a plus (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Spredfast, Hearsay Social, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Nuvi, Tableau.)
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively.
- Proactive, team player with intellectual curiosity.
- Good judgement and ability to know when to escalate issues.
- Attention to detail – proven experience of delivering high levels of accuracy.
- MS Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint; Project and Visio are a plus.
Please apply online via the Goldman Sachs website:
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.