Director, Marketing Communications
Lead the Marketing Communications team to develop a new and compelling brand campaign; develop national promotions that will drive increased store traffic and sales, as well as shift consumers’ perception of Jamba Juice as a smoothie shop to an active, healthy lifestyle brand, centered on whole food benefits and goodness.
- Be responsible and accountable for all advertising, PR, promotions, and in-store communications
- Concept, develop and execute all Jamba promotions (franchise and company stores)
- Partner with Finance to evaluate new opportunities and past programs
- Develop internal communication for deployment, and coordinate all components of creative, POS programming, and communication; bring new thinking for effective promotions to drive the business
- Summarize insights on the performance of all programs and promotions on a consistent basis; leverage these insights to refine tactical elements of the annual plan to achieve business goals
- Direct the media strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and measurement with media buying agency
- Partner with Field Marketing on the local activation of brand assets, promotions and messaging.
- Develop the Marketing Communications team to enable them to build their skills, leadership and increase their capacity
- Lead the agencies in the development and execution of an integrated communication and promotion plan to drive new customers into stores and to increase frequency of visits among current customers
- Onboard and manage agency partners’ strategies, projects, budgets and performance reviews
- Implement a disciplined planning and go-to-market process, that results in the development of an annual plan 12-18 months out and reflects the input and alignment from cross-functional partners across the organization
- Partner with Consumer Research in the regular monitoring of brand equity measures, target consumer attitudes & behaviors, consumer segmentation, light user understanding, and new brand research needs
- Regularly monitor the marketplace and best-in-class competitors to bring insights and recommended strategies and tactics for Jamba Juice
- Proactively manage the Marketing Communications budget to ensure that all expenses are within means, and that the programs deliver the expected ROI; develop contingency plans to ensure flexibility
- 10+ years of experience in marketing strategy and communications with significant capabilities in integrated marketing and promotional strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing principles and marketing and promotional strategy
- Exhibits strong strategic, analytical, and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Demonstrates ability to deliver complex projects and new processes on time and on budget
- Has a strong focus on execution; must be strategic and creative, yet with excellent executional capabilities which are critical for success
- Skilled at multi-tasking and keeping several priorities moving at the same time
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills; works well leading cross-functional teams and being an engaged contributor
- Exemplifies a can-do, optimistic attitude; a leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and motivating the team
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to getting results and overcoming road blocks.
- Solid project management skills
- Agency management experience; able to both push agency thinking and be open to new ideas
- BA/BS required; MBA degree preferred
- Retail or multi-unit QSR and Franchise experience is a significant plus
Click here to apply.