Senior Category Manager
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson. The following groups make up JGS: Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Global Pharmaceutical Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceutical Procurement Group (USPPG); and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development (PGBD).
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women's health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market -from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
Janssen Global Services L.L.C. is recruiting for a Senior Category Manager, Sales & Distributor Services and Access & Affordability, to be based in Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; or Horsham, PA.
The Senior Category Manager, Sales & Distributor Services and Access & Affordability, will be expected to have in depth external market and business knowledge and be a subject matter expert responsible for creating and delivering overall commercial category strategy across Janssen North America. This includes category strategy development, key internal stakeholder management and management of strategic suppliers with high-scope, complexity and spend. This individual may serve as a Global Supplier Relationship Manager (GSRM) for certain key strategic suppliers as well as be responsible for managing supplier performance management. This individual will be expected to work in a matrixed manner and coordinate activities with key business partners within the SCG and Franchise organizations as well as business unit Procurement teams to ensure comprehensive strategy development and timely execution of agreements. Will also be responsible for leading activities around supplier sourcing and selection process, as well as negotiate and execute service / supply agreements with high level of complexity.
The Senior Category Manager, Sales & Distributor Services and Access & Affordability, will develop and execute sourcing strategy and business case development in support of the Janssen Business Unit needs, and aligned with the Global Category goals & objectives. This will include integrating with internal business partners who utilize various access and affordability and sales and distributor services including but not limited to contract sales organizations, various types of call centers, affordability and patient support programs,reimbursement services, distribution services, and assisting the SCG group as appropriate with developing strategy and negotiating value added services and contracts with Trade, Retail and Specialty pharmacy partners to meet business needs. This individual will be responsible for leveraging best practices, including those for category and supplier management, sourcing strategies and processes, and pulling in subject matter expertise from the business as well as cross-sector/cross-regional category engagement in support of business objectives.
This individual will be responsible for delivering results to Janssen BU's via benchmarking, supplier enabled innovation (SEI), supplier relationship management, complex negotiations, supplier diversity and Category sourcing strategies.
This position currently does not have direct reports but is expected to actively participate in talent management of the manager and sourcing lead associates in NACP and within the regional and global category. This includes direct and indirect talent management, matrix talent management, and mentoring. This individual will provide constructive input to the NACP Succession Planning and performance management discussions. May partner with Sr. Management to determine appropriate staffing levels; recruit/hire, manage, develop, reward and retain staff to meet needs of an evolving customer base.
Work closely with other category partners cross sector, cross region & globally. Lead cross sector and region strategies/projects.
This individual will collaborate with Procurement peers in each Janssen Business Unit and coordinate contracting activities for JJSI contracts with Corporate Legal as well as coordinate contracting activities for Janssen specific contracts with the Janssen Commercial Supplier Contracting team. Will be expected to work closely with industry peers (other pharma companies), Senior Business Leaders and Global Category Leaders as appropriate.
The Senior Category Manager, will prepare, update and execute the Procurement Category Strategy. Implement and administer standard procurement policies and processes for multiple departments/geographic areas, client groups, or functional areas. This individual will have autonomy and authority to make decisions on his/her own as well as exercise judgment within scope of developing new approaches and resolving issues.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of Procurement, Access / Reimbursement Services, Pharmaceutical Distribution Services, Payer Marketing, Contract Sales and/or related business experience required. Demonstrated Credo mindset is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to influence without authority at all levels including senior leadership is required.
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization and with external suppliers required.
- Must have Intellectual Curiosity to learn more about the subcategory and how it impacts the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong analytical skills and business case development experience and ability to propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary are required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make decisions in an ambiguous environment is required.
- Must have Strategic Thinking to leverage industry and category
- Knowledge while anticipating and preparing for the future.
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed environment is required.
- Track record of talent management, people development / leadership and resources management is preferred.
- Experience in Marketing or other commercial service categories is preferred.
- Experience in Contract Law and supply agreements is preferred.
- CPM or Process Management certification is preferred.
- Position can be located in Raritan NJ, Titusville NJ or Horsham, PA.
- Must be willing to travel between these sites.
- Approximately 20% travel required (domestic as well as local travel between sites).