Senior Manager of Procurement Agencies
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies (JJGCC), a member of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies, located in either Skillman, NJ or Ft. Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
The JJGCC Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies, is responsible for achieving company goals and objectives. Success in the position is primarily measured by cost reduction/avoidance impact, mentoring and leadership of direct reports, the strength of the Marketing business partnerships and category strategies and management, innovations delivered and procurement education provided to internal business partners.
This individual is the key, strategic procurement leader for the Agencies Category of spend. Responsibilities include: Lead the design and implementation of the Agencies Category Strategies across the JJGCC to maximize the value achieved for business partners with advertising agencies, professional agencies, multi-cultural agencies, digital agencies and public relations agencies. Drives strategic alignment with the Marketing Business Partners and Media Procurement to grow company's business through selection and management of suppliers that deliver a competitive advantage in total value and leadership in innovation. Utilize category and procurement expertise to deliver results to the Agencies category via benchmarking, supplier enabled innovation (SEI), supplier management (SM), complex negotiations, and strategic sourcing strategies. Leads the ongoing connection of J&J Consumer and OTC-Nutritionals objectives to influence and implement sourcing strategies in the Agencies Category.
The Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies will be responsible for leading Marketing business partners in the development and execution of Procurement sourcing strategies on a global and matrixes basis. Develops Marketing Procurement category strategy and leads sourcing initiatives to provide benchmark performance in the areas of quality, compliance, customer service and best value. Informs Marketing Business Partners of market conditions and developments. Will act as primary operating company point of contact to Marketing global procurement category leads, communicating strategies, recommendations and initiatives as appropriate. The Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies will also lead the development of Agencies Category Procurement resources through training and development that promote the integration of strategic procurement practices.
The Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies will strategically manage critical Marketing supplier relationships that focus on total cost of ownership and supplier value. Encourages innovation through Marketing supply base. Develops Marketing Supplier deliverables/metrics and establishes processes to manage supplier performance that are consistent with J&J Credo obligations. Acts as liaison between Marketing business partners and agencies to ensure a competitive advantage in cost, value, quality, compliance, service and innovation. Facilitates and lead meetings with critical suppliers and business partners.
This individual will negotiate critical Marketing Agency Agreements and annual Statements of Work/Staffing Plans through collaboration with J&J legal counsel and Marketing. Acts as the organizational Agencies Category representative in dealing with Senior Management, other Johnson & Johnson groups, and external suppliers and leads the development of the business plan, relating to Agencies Category management and supplier utilization, by aligning with Marketing business partners.
The Senior Manager, Procurement Agencies will be responsible to drive continual improvement of procurement metrics and business results through use of process excellence, data analysis and driving innovation through the Marketing supply base. Develops and implements recommendations to improve strategic cost management, spend compliance and supplier performance within Marketing's Supplier Portfolio. Creates opportunities for diverse (women and minority owned) suppliers to compete for Marketing business.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum 8 years of overall business experience and at least 3 years leadership experience in one or a combination of the following areas: Marketing, Procurement, Marketing-related Finance,and/or related industry is required.
- People management experience is required.
- Strong business partnering skills are required.
- Proven track record of business partnering, delivery of goals & objectives results and year-over-year improvement is required.
- Ability to partner with higher organizational levels (director, vice president, president) is required.
- Previous experience with agency-client relations including, but not limited to the following: building agency partner relationships, brand-agency statement of work and staffing plan negotiations, agency compensation models (direct salary/overhead/profit), and agency pay-for performance incentive models are preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing and team building skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and build strong business cases is required.
- Strong track record of talent management, people development and resources management is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and/or global markets is required.
- Process excellence experience is preferred.
- Global procurement experience is preferred.
- Approximately 25% travel is required (including travel to Fort Washington PA, Skillman NJ and New York).
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.