Director, Marketing Intelligence
The Director, Marketing Intelligence will be responsible for supporting the market research and CI needs of both LifeLock and ID Analytics (IDA). The person in this position will collaborate with all areas of the organization including the marketing team, (brand, creative, media, and enterprise), sales, PR and others to lead the development and execution of a variety of market research and CI studies/reports. The person in this position will also ensure study results and CI information are shared with the appropriate audiences, both internal and external. This position will also have responsibility for leading Competitive Intelligence activities (i.e. alerts on competitor's activities/threats, competitors in new product space, etc.) thus enabling the organization to generate appropriate strategies and make rapid, informed business decisions.
- Develop strategy for relevant, timely, and actionable research (primary and secondary) for LifeLock & IDA.
- Define appropriate methodology for research studies, as well as providing input on screeners, questionnaires, and discussion guides.
- Write questionnaires, analyze data, and provide concise, actionable reports based on survey data.
- Ability to determine appropriate research fulfillment methods — either internally executed via external panel and data processing, or externally with full-service vendor.
- Ensure best-in-class design, execution, and communication of the results
- Help drive strategy and provide actionable recommendations based on the findings from primary and secondary research.
- Support forecasting and market analytics efforts.
- Utilize competitive and industry information to provide product, marketing, and sales support.
- Responsible for selecting, reviewing, recommending, and managing primary and secondary market research agencies.
- Responsible for managing research budget for both primary research and secondary information vendors as well as forecasting amount and timing of research spending.
- Excellent strategic analysis and planning with the ability to work with and manage demands and expectations from multiple internal customers.
- Management of direct reports.
- Ability to present research results, answer questions and follow-up with internal and external colleagues at all levels from front line employees through Executive Leadership Team.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Statistics; MBA preferred.
- 15 years of primary research experience with at least 10 years of experience at a research supplier; 5 years of management experience.
- Ability to completely execute studies on one's own as well as manage external vendors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with SPSS, R, SAS, or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and communication.
- Excellent team player who can collaborate with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities including budgeting and actual spend against budget is required.
- Must possess extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research, utilizing a variety of methodologies including
- Max-Diff, discrete choice, segmentation, IDIs, focus groups, etc.
Click here to apply.
LifeLock, Inc. is an EOE, AA/M/F/IWD/protected veterans.