Director of Brand Insights
New York, NY
MetLife, a leading provider of insurance and other financial services to individual and institutional customers, is seeking a Director — Brand Insights in New York, NY!
Beyond meaningful and challenging work, MetLife provides a variety of flexible work arrangements, as well as a tuition reimbursement program, competitive benefits, and retirement and pension plans. MetLife’s responsiveness to the needs of both clients and employees is a direct result of one of the core company values– People Count!
Major Duties and Functions Include:
This position is for a key member in the Global Brand Management team at MetLife. The global brand team is responsible for developing, gaining agreement on, and ultimately communicating an end-state MetLife brand promise that leverages MetLife’s impressive history, heritage, product breadth and worldwide footprint. This team works closely with MetLife’s local marketers to synthesize information from business leaders and market research; rigorously test hypotheses; and ultimately articulate and then deliver on the brand’s value proposition.
The Director of Brand Insights will use market and consumer research to better define MetLife’s marketing challenges; and contribute to the Global Brand Management teams’ efforts towards solving the challenges by identifying key insights from research. Responsibilities will include all aspects of insight gathering and analysis, including understanding the business problem, designing relevant research, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, vendor management, analysis and executive level reporting. Other responsibilities include management of various MetLife brand metrics scorecards and some competitive intelligence gathering.
The role requires exceptional analytical skills and a seasoned facility with a variety of market research methodologies and consumer insight generation practices, both quantitative and qualitative, as well as knowing when to employ each. Experience as a brand insights specialist at a FORTUNE 500 company or as a brand/strategic planner at an advertising agency or brand consultancy is expected. Some background in brand strategy development and some international experience would also help the incumbent be successful in this role. This associate must be very comfortable leading work streams while working well in teams engaging senior business and marketing leaders in MetLife’s key markets globally, to gather data, create consensus and advance projects.
- Manages, and in some cases, leads brand insights projects to gather research and understand socio-economic conditions, trends, consumer behavior and needs, competitive position, internal capabilities, etc. in key MetLife markets.
- Leverages these insights to support the identification of business opportunities for MetLife and the core differentiating equities required to capture the opportunity.
- Designs research methodologies and format for data gathering to address varied business problems like determining the return on various MetLife brand properties and investments, evaluating concepts and testing execution effectiveness.
- Develops well-written, strategically sound research briefs and vets them with key stakeholders.
- Determines appropriate analyses methodologies focusing on solving the business problem through a brand lens.
- Analyzes statistical data to identify brand trends and prepares executive level reports of findings.
- Develops and delivers executive level, compelling quarterly brand tracking reports that tell the story of the brand activities in each of MetLife’s key markets.
- Oversees the maintenance of a management information platform for brand metrics leveraging brand tracking research in key markets.
- Employs excellent writing skills to create persuasive documents and presentations for senior leadership audiences.
- Supports identification of vendor partnerships and negotiate the partnership per MetLife policies.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Statistics, and Liberal Arts as well as any other related field of expertise.
- 8+ years marketing experience with emphasis on brand insights, research, measurement and analytics.
- 3-5 years of experience in research design skills as well as the ability to obtain buy in from business managers and experience in statistical/quantitative analysis.
- Writing skills are mandatory. Writing samples required.
- Must have a global mindset, i.e., be able to relate to a range of cultures to understand consumers and customers. Some international experience.
- Able to understand business problems, business/marketing opportunities and develop a plan to leverage research to craft & deliver solutions towards them.
- Able to learn business quickly in order to start contributing ideas and solutions quickly.
- Able to navigate through large, complex, global organization with intricate and broad product sets and multiple clients. Must thrive in evolutionary, new and changing environment with a high degree of interdependency.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills to be able to direct and influence MetLife management and agency partners of varying cultures and primary languages.
- Ability to conduct business in foreign languages a plus, particularly, Spanish, French, Turkish, Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic.
Work shouldn’t be something you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction…and an opportunity to make a difference.
MetLife… where work meets life!
Do YOU have what it takes to join a Major Force in Financial Services: Investments, Financial Advice and Insurance?
If so respond TODAY!
For immediate consideration, please APPLY ONLINE to submit your resume!
Please apply online via MetLife website:
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.