Director of Social Media
New York, NY
MetLife, a leading provider of insurance and other financial services to individual and institutional customers, is seeking a Director of Social Media in New York, NY!
Beyond meaningful and challenging work, MetLife provides a variety of flexible work arrangements, as well as a tuition reimbursement program, competitive benefits, and retirement and pension plans. MetLife’s responsiveness to the needs of both clients and employees is a direct result of one of the core company values– People Count!
Major Duties and Functions Include:
MetLife is seeking a Director of Social Media to join a dynamic and exciting global digital team. The Director of Social Media will be a core member of a team that contributes to critical business success metrics. The candidate will be responsible for leading social media strategies to drive brand advocacy, support customers and drive real business value. This person will be a talented professional who combines strategic vision with demonstrated online marketing success. The candidate will manage a team of internal and agency resources to drive and advocate for social media activities in support of MetLife business objectives. The individual will work closely with business partners globally to ensure strategic alignment. He/she will also establish partnerships with key social partners, including Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter and other relevant companies, to uncover innovative opportunities and develop informed positions on where the industry is going and what that means for MetLife.
- Lead the corporate social media strategy with the goal of increasing brand preference, customer satisfaction and driving business value.
- Partner with internal operating divisions including marketing, advertising, compliance/legal, and public relations to maximize the power of social media within a highly regulated industry.
- Work with product marketing teams to coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring proper integration and alignment with overall marketing strategy
- Establish and grow MetLife’s social media presence with all relevant customers and audiences.
- Source and manage relationships with social media platform partners to develop insights for the purpose of informing future marketing strategy, campaigns, and customer centric initiatives.
- Provide benchmarks and analyze data provided by social media listening efforts to inform company-wide decision-making and ensure campaign targets are met
- Partner with metrics team and partners to measure and analyze impact of social media and evolve ROI model.
- Regularly monitor the competitive space and be aware of market changes and developments.
- Proactively identify customer pain points communicated via Social Platforms or MetLife’s digital properties ensure these issues are addressed in an appropriate timeframe.
- Ensure that voice of customer data that is collected is translated into compelling recommendations for process improvements.
- Communicate results of efforts to a broader audience on a regular basis.
- BS/BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Psychology, Technical as well as any related field of expertise.
- 7 years of experience in an internet environment.
- 10 years of experience in Digital Marketing, Customer support, or User Experience Design.
- 5 years knowledge of social media and networking platforms and monitoring suite suppliers.
- 7 years of leadership experience.
- Highly motivated, customer focused goal-oriented, collaborative team player.
- Must be passionate, responsive and knowledgeable about social media trends globally.
- Ability to influence other associates at all levels of the organization.
- Clear, concise communication; verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with business partners and effectively communicate recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with financial and/or insurance industry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to foster new and existing partnerships.
- Speaking a 2nd language.
Work shouldn’t be something you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction…and an opportunity to make a difference.
MetLife… where work meets life!
Do YOU have what it takes to join a Major Force in Financial Services: Investments, Financial Advice and Insurance?
If so respond TODAY!
For immediate consideration, please APPLY ONLINE to submit your resume!
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.