Manager, Media Research
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join the Media Research group in the position of Manager, Media Research, based in our Charlotte office.
The Media Research Manager is responsible for proactively mining Nielsen data to produce media research results and analysis. This position serves as a key resource to support internal and external stakeholders by producing key findings and conclusions regarding the performance of NASCAR and other properties on television. Position must be comfortable interacting with stakeholders of varying levels, and work effectively in a team collaborative environment.
Primary focus on media research: analyze weekly television results and historical trends of three National series, Regional series, Grand-Am Road Racing, and other sport properties on television.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages all Nielsen products to report media insight and communicate key findings to the NASCAR industry in a timely manner and by request.
- Understands and has knowledge of the competitive television landscape including major sports, motorsports, and other primetime programming.
- Works closely with NASCAR Broadcasting team to report in-depth analysis and metrics.
- Maintains current working relationship with all media partners to include at least one daily contact person to ensure data consistency and to leverage conclusions into NASCAR communications.
- Examines and communicates NASCAR viewership demographics, lifestyle, and viewing behaviors.
- Recommends and reviews content for integrated marketing communications (IMC) for local and national media outlets.
- Completes ad hoc media research projects for both internal and external partners (teams/tracks/etc.).
- Creates media research presentations and highlight sheets.
- Works with Market & Media Research team to integrate media research with market research to fulfill internal and industry project requests.
- Conducts television sponsorship exposure research and analysis.
- Conducts television advertising spend research and analysis.
- Meets directly, as needed, with NASCAR departments to present and explain media research findings.
- Continually improves Nielsen and other research knowledge through training.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and four years Media, Television, and Audience research related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Nielsen data delivery software systems a plus (i.e. Galaxy Explorer, NPOWER, Arianna).
- Knowledge of Media research measurement and concepts.
- Overall interest and understanding of professional/college sports and entertainment properties.
- Basic understanding of motorsports.
- Working knowledge of The Nielsen Company, Kantar Media, and Repucom International a plus.
Click here to apply.
NASCAR offers an exciting fast paced environment with competitive pay and outstanding benefits including 401(k) eligibility after 30 days.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered.