Assistant Manager, Acquisition Marketing Analysis (Direct Mail)
"A dedicated, passionate team all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation." At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain a top team. We hope that as you learn more about Norwegian Cruise Line, our business strategy of growth through innovation, and the team members that fuel our success, you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
BE A PART OF A CRUISE LINE INDUSTRY LEADER!!!
Norwegian Cruise Line, a fun and innovative company, is seeking a passionate direct marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced yet rewarding environment. Read more about this great career opportunity and learn why Norwegian is an employer of choice among so many.
This position is responsible for leading development, execution and reporting for high volume, frequent direct-to-consumer email and mail campaigns with the goal of increasing customer acquisition and retention for Norwegian Cruise Line. This entails utilizing advanced segmentation, campaign results, analytics and direct marketing best practices to optimize marketing campaigns for key performance metrics. Also entails leveraging sophisticated database marketing and triggered communication techniques to execute and analyze consumer communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Manager, Director and Vice-President of Relationship Marketing to develop and execute cruise promotional direct mail and email campaigns that drive leads and bookings to support corporate cruise revenue objectives
- Publish and maintain direct mail and email calendars including dates for creative briefs, list pulls, creative approval, scheduled mail dates, actual mail dates, etc.
- Develop creative briefs for planned strategic and tactical integrated direct mail and email marketing campaigns. Ensure creative briefs are delivered on time, in budget and according to business objectives and campaign requirements
- Lead creative development and list segmentation. Produce creative targeted to specific customer segments. Utilize direct marketing best practices in order to maximize delivery of campaigns
- Act as key contact for all vendors involved in email and direct mail execution Work with agency to coordinate the direct marketing schedule and monitor the volume of direct mail and email. Approve test emails prior to blast and follow up on any technical issues.
- Work with Partnership Marketing to develop creative, acquire list, secure partner approvals and mail non-Norwegian direct mail and email addresses. Ensure Norwegian emails to partner list(s) adhere to their customer communication and partnership policies.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly direct marketing reports and effectively communicate results to management across marketing department.
- Maintain extensive familiarity with source systems and act as data steward through full understanding of the meaning of data results and functionality.
- Use multiple data sources to develop and execute detailed analyses weekly, monthly and quarterly, including business intelligence/data warehouse, marketing database, email response metrics and web analytics data for Norwegian.com.
- Perform detailed conversion analysis by channel and customer segment. Develop benchmarks and report on variances weekly, monthly and quarterly and identify top performing segments.
- Develop and execute testing strategy. Improve performance metrics via implementation of testing results and regularly report on testing status and results.
- Identify and create ad hoc quantitative analysis or custom reports.
- Continually recommend areas of process improvements for efficiency gains.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget and marketing plan.
- Actively monitor industry and competitive trends in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or any equivalent combination of education and or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years marketing experience in consumer direct response and/or email marketing for a consumer brand company.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of direct mail and email production processes including list development, creative development, and production.
- Working knowledge of email operating platforms.
- Knowledge of design, printing and print production is required.
- Advanced Excel skills to analyze and report campaign results.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills to support ad hoc analysis/reporting and campaign or projected-related budget management.
- Strong decision making skills to effectively and efficiently execute campaigns.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environment to accomplish goals and complete projects.
- Ability to find creative solutions in the midst of complex technical constraints.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to handle different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines and budget constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to effectively interact to management, cross-functionally and with marketing vendors.
If you are ready for the challenge and reward of working for a cruise industry leader, APPLY TODAY!!
In order to apply, please visit Norwegian Cruise Line's careers page by clicking the following link or pasting the link into your URL bar: http://www.ncl.com/about/careers/corporate-employment
Norwegian Cruise Line offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including medical / dental / vision / life insurance, 401(K) plans, and cruise privileges.