Manager, Market Research
This position is responsible for designing and leading research projects, primarily for Norwegian Cruise Line's Marketing Department. This entails conducting complex analyses and utilizing findings to build data-driven recommendations that guide business, product development, and marketing communication decisions.
- Lead research projects, including working closely with research suppliers, designing questionnaires, writing discussion guides, analyzing quantitative studies, data mining results, as well as writing presentations and related reports.
- Redesign the Brand Tracker program to make it more actionable for the organization. Revise the questionnaire and develop more efficient reporting system for faster delivery. Collaborate with the internal brand team, research supplier, and ad agency. Manage ongoing project logistics and data collection. Conduct ad hoc data analysis as needed.
- Lead travel agent tracking research to measure success of major corporate initiatives improving internal processes and systems. Develop key drivers model to determine drivers of loyalty/recommendation for travel agents. Recommend additional improvement opportunities to improve the working relationship with travel partners.
- Manage internal employee engagement survey program, which has recently been revamped with a new partner. Continue to leverage new tools and processes, increase awareness of program operations, refine reporting/action planning tools/resources, and improve overall program actionability to help Norwegian increase team member engagement.
- Conduct segmentation study, including analysis, reporting, and incorporating the segments throughout marketing plans.
- Design and execute a variety of other research projects as needed including, but not limited to, product development, promotion planning, communication strategy, collateral and website optimization, media testing, copy testing, online community research, travel agent experience, shoreside and/or shipboard team member experience, etc.
- Provide summaries of syndicated industry reports and secondary research as needed. Act as main point of contact for all secondary research requests from all departments outside Marketing.
- Stay current on trends and developments in the area of market research.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in marketing, market research, business or any equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. M.S. or MBA degree preferred.
Experience: 5-7 years experience in corporate market research, research supplier, or brand planning at an advertising agency.
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge base of market research methodologies and applications.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Outlook) and other business-related software systems.
- Proficient knowledge of various databases or analytical software tools (SPSS, SAS, Nitro, and Hyperion).
- Written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external clients.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to prioritize, handle, and oversee projects through completion.
- Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of statistical analysis.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, collaborate on cross-functional teams, and work effectively within a team based environment.
- Ability to change and prioritize workload according to business demands.
- Ability to travel occasionally onboard (up to 10% of time).
Click here to apply.