Social Media Manager
This position is responsible for developing and executing social media strategies and engagement tactics across multiple channels for the Illinois Lottery. As a central part of the Northstar Interactive Marketing team, this position will be responsible for helping grow the brand through social media, and establishing relationships and seeding content through social networks. A strong understanding of social media and community trends/ technology is a must, as is a keen understanding of the intersection of digital, social, and traditional marketing. This role is ideal for someone who can pair knowledge and passion for social media channel programs with a creative vision.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related professional experience developing and implementing effective online advocacy or branding campaigns via web and social media.
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and an understanding of how to apply them in a manner that is fitting to the Illinois Lottery brand and business goals.
- Must be on top of new social media trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social, and mobile platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills as this position will be presenting proposals to our leadership chain and will be a primary interface for communicating with our various business units related to Social Media initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of social media analysis tools (i.e. Tracx, Netbase, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Strong project management, team leadership, and decision-making skills.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experience with media planning.
- Experience working with interactive, creative, and media agencies.