Trade Marketing Manager
This position will manage and support all marketing activities including but not limited to the development, targeting, implementation, and management of marketing and sales related efforts that deliver relevant value in a business to business (BtoB) environment to residential new construction builders, various replacement and remodeling contractors, and architects served through our Pella Direct Sales Network (PDSN). One of the main goals of this position is to be fully aligned with the market planning and sales organization to ensure marketing strategies (activities, programs, and campaigns) are aligned to the sales goals and revenue targets. This position will work very closely with market planning and sales to understand overall business goals, service and solution roadmaps, and revenue targets and design and manage the implementation of marketing strategies around those goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiates and manages the development, definition and successful execution of the trade three-year strategic marketing plans and sales growth support thru our Pella Direct Sales Network (PDSN).
- Market intelligence — communicate with customers and prospects to understand what they value, how they buy and buying criteria; identification and development of new and/or improved offerings which satisfy market needs; expertise on channel competition.
- Requests and supports marketing research activities involved in identification of customer needs, market potential, distribution trends, analysis of sales records, and problem identification.
- Lead the development and direction of positioning and messages that differentiates our channel product(s) and service(s) in the market and delivers relevant customer value.
- Sales enablement — communicate the value proposition of the solution to the sales team, manage the development of sales tools, and coordinate implementation: internal rollout, external communications, and distribution that support the selling process of their solutions.
- Develops creative briefs for programs and publications working with external agencies.
- Demand generation and retention — develop the strategy and manage the multi-media advertising and promotional programs that drive awareness and demand for our channel product(s) and service(s).
- Identifies, assesses, and provides P & L projections to justify recommendations for potential associations or committees, tradeshows, sponsorship, or media opportunities best aligned to reach Pella's target customers.
- Assume financial responsibility of the Trade Marketing budget and submits budget proposals according to the annual planning/budgeting process.
- Participates in all 3-year planning and strategy sessions.
- Manages agency performance reviews and agency scope development for all channel marketing elements. Continual liaison with corporate advertising and field sales team in the preparation of advertising campaigns, promotional programs, and website strategy to ensure they are consistent with the marketing plan and consistently executed to the marketplace nationwide.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must have strong public speaking and leadership skills and foster teamwork. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands business to business strategies to assist in the development and execution of marketing strategies
- Experience executing business and marketing strategy for a sizeable business segment
- Experience with the creation and management of digital content across a wide spectrum of digital channels
- Ability to build business cases leveraging data and customer insights as rationalization for new activity or program recommendations
- Demonstrated ability managing key metrics for assessing return on investment for all marketing efforts and programs executed
- Ability to work well with others and build a performing team
- The position will require travel (approx. 30 percent)
May manage 1-2 team members and would be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and six to eight years of experience in BtoB marketing or sales environment with key role developing strategies/tactics within a marketing and/or advertising agency environment and/or training in building materials marketing, knowledge of builder/contractor environment, sales, or closely related functions; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to give prepared speeches to public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as ROI in business and specific marketing applications, fundamentals of CAGR, discounts, and commissions. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations such as media performance analysis, reporting revenue growth, and market share gain.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract and concrete variables to build a business case or rationale for decisions.
Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required. Preferred background with CRM platform.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Click here to apply.