Director of Integrated Marketing
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception — 16 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play — a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard, and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
The Director of Integrated Marketing contributes to REI’s success by leading the advertising, internet marketing, and social functions within the marketing division. Develops brand communication strategies that drive traffic to acquire new customers, increase brand awareness, and grow active members and sales across retail and digital channels. Accountable for developing investment strategy and optimizing media mix for mass media programs (radio, print, TV), internet advertising, emerging digital marketing, and social media. Collaborates with ecommerce, retail, merchandising, and private brands to drive traffic, sales, and customer engagement strategies. Represents the marketing division and its business requirements to cross divisional partners to ensure execution. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Contributes to the development of the 3 - 5 year marketing division strategy and goals that supports the REI corporate vision and strategy.
- Develops annual brand communication strategies that drive traffic to acquire new customers, increase brand awareness, and grow active members and sales.
- Targets new customers with relevant communications, content, offers, and experiences to increase active members and drive sales.
- Leads strategy development and program management for traditional advertising programs (radio, print, TV) to optimize ROI and meet annual goals.
- Leads strategy development and program management for internet advertising programs (search engine marketing, online display/interactive, affiliate marketing, mobile advertising, and other emerging digital advertising) to optimize ROI and meet annual goals.
- Leads strategy development and program management for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and REI blog, product reviews) to activate members and meet annual goals.
- Gives direction to and manages multiple agency relationships to develop media strategy and achieve investment goals.
- Directs innovation and testing of new advertising vehicles and communication strategies that optimize marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for the developing, monitoring, and attaining the annual expense budget and goals.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company, and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible marketing leadership. Team leadership of 10+ person team.
- Expert knowledge of marketing function and competencies including: strategic planning, program management and measurement, brand communication, advertising, campaign development, customer acquisition, social marketing, and digital analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in a multi-channel retail company with revenue of $2B+.
- Innovative and strategic thinking related to mass media (TV, radio, print), digital advertising, and social media.
- Experience giving direction to and managing media agency relationship.
- Ability to clearly articulate a compelling vision and strategy.
- Strong analytical skills with experience developing financial plans, expense budgets, and business cases.
- Understanding of the REI brand and the outdoor specialty retail business.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
Click here to apply.