Vice President, Consumer Marketing
Teleflora is the world's leading floral service offering the best choice in floral arrangements and convenient local delivery. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Teleflora has over 13,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and Canada, with an additional 18,000 affiliated florists outside North America. Teleflora offers industry leading floral arrangements and gifts, technology, marketing and education services. Through its extensive member florists' network, websites including www.teleflora.com the company offers consumers fast, convenient and high-quality flowers and keepsake products. Teleflora's parent company is Roll Global LLC (www.roll.com), a $3 billion holding company that also owns FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, and Paramount Agribusiness (nuts and citrus).
Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Head of Marketing, the Vice President of Consumer Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. The position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training and managing all consumer marketing functions to achieve Teleflora objectives of sales, growth, profitability and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position consistent with corporate direction.
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all consumer marketing strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed company expectations.
- Develop unique value propositions, business partnerships, category management as we call to action advertising to key customer segments that increases brand awareness.
- Own and champion the Teleflora Brand and insure it is presented and protected in all company communications - both internal and external.
- Lead and manage direct marketing, public relations, advertising, online marketing, social and traditional media and internal creative services.
- Achieve targeted results to ensure timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs.
- Analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing activities and strategies. Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Conduct and analyze market research to determine competitiveness.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts and implement improvements as required.
- Identify, interpret and capitalize on marketing trends.
- Manage a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
- Coach, mentor and read the team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent.
- Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation material for senior management.
- Work closely with eCommerce, Florist and Partnership Marketing, Fire Station Agency other Senior Executives to create demand and recognition for Teleflora and its' products.
- 10-15 years with 7 progressive Marketing roles at the senior management level
- University degree or college diploma in business, MBA preferred
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Proven experience in Business Development as it pertains to establishing new partnerships and channels of business.
- eCommerce and Online Marketing experience
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Possess a Marketing and Customer Service orientation
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations
- The ability to articulate vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Proven ability to lead a proactive marketing organization with a complex cross functional business orientation and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
Marketing Peer Relationships
- VP Florist and Partnership Marketing
- VP ECommerce
- VP Product Development
- Director Consumer Marketing (2)
Apply directly on our company webpage: