Digital Media Analyst
Apollo Education Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Education Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Western International University, Apollo Lightspeed, College for Financial Planning, and Institute for Professional Development, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult. Apollo Education Group is the largest education service provider in North America and has the world's largest educational social network. Apollo is building state of art learning platforms in creating a virtual and highly engaging learning experience. The learning platforms which are built as a cloud-based (Education-as-a-Service) bring a more scientific and social approach to the learning experience. We are changing the way people learn and interact via advanced, scalable learning solutions.
Apollo Education Group, Inc., is a leading provider of higher education. We have a global network of subsidiaries that include University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Carnegie Learning, College for Financial Planning, Apollo Education Services, Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University. In 1973, Dr. John Sperling founded Apollo Education Group to reach out to working adults and offer them lifelong learning through an institution dedicated to their education. Today, our subsidiaries provide programs that are up-to-date and relevant to our students and to an evolving world.
San Francisco, CA (Financial District)
Marketing through brands like Apollo Education Group has always been an exciting and complex challenge. It’s about to get even more interesting as we reinvent the online education space. You’ll support this change as we continue to develop our brands, digital strategy, marketing channels and bring data to the heart of the business. The Digital Marketing team at Apollo Education Group manages one of the largest online marketing budgets globally. We’re looking for someone to play a vital role in supporting customer acquisition and brand engagement initiatives for several Apollo Education Group entities, including the University of Phoenix.
This Digital Media Analyst role is an opportunity to be part of a successful digital marketing team that has a real appetite to embrace and exploit online channels in support of its growth agenda. This team is integral to strategic projects across the company and has high visibility at the executive level. You’ll be maximizing the impact of your existing capability while developing your career.
As our Digital Media Analyst, you’ll help us make sure our marketing initiatives perform at their best. It’s a case of analyzing digital campaign performance, and providing clear, actionable recommendations that will boost performance and inform strategic development. Your success depends on identifying key drivers behind campaign performance and delivering a best in class range of online insights.
Qualified individuals will join a fast paced Digital Marketing team, and will be involved with media buying, account management, marketing analytics, and complex campaign support. The ideal candidate will possess core values such as embracing innovation, acting with integrity, and having a passion for learning. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, and will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Proactively analyze online media campaign performance on an ongoing basis to provide insights to marketing and content performance. Including but not limited to CPL, CPC, and CPM buys
- Identify patterns in large data sets and create presentations to tell a compelling and meaningful story.
- Produce visualizations to explain trends in data to executives using tools provided by web analytics products, Tableau, Microstrategy, Excel or others.
- Support ad hoc analytic requests from raw data through presentation quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Create and present performance analysis of key initiatives, including media optimization,delivery pacing, and segmentation
- Actively partner with related groups in marketing, compliance and operations to facilitate and manage cross-team efforts to turn insights into practice.
- Participate in the planning, budgeting, and execution of marketing campaigns and tests.
- Provide necessary troubleshooting of creative and technical issues.
- Coordinate and maintain production schedule for upcoming marketing campaigns
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, graphs, and advanced functions)
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environment with evolving targets and initiatives
- Must be proactive and results-oriented, looking to make improvements and change.
- Experience with affiliate marketing, SEM, SEO, Display
- Proficiency with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies, and work independently.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience or 1 year of experience in digital marketing, media buying, account management, and/or analytics is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Cross-channel and/or marketing campaign analysis background preferred.
- Strong analytic skills to compile & process data, and give actionable recommendations.
- Understanding of measurement of large data sets.
- Strong verbal and written skills to present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume/CV via the Apollo Group Careers website (http://jobs-apollo.com/).
Apollo Education Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability