Retail Marketing Manager
Western Dental, California's largest dental services provider, and its affiliates including Brident of Texas are looking for an experienced, exceptional Retail and Denovos Marketing Manager. This position requires at least 5 years of relevant professional marketing experience, and strong analytical and creative business skills. Western Dental's entire team consists of over 4,400 professionals and nonclinical employees at Western's corporate headquarters in Orange, California and more than 180 dental clinic locations.
The Retail and Denovos Marketing Manager is responsible for bringing experienced retail marketing leadership, perspective and action to the materials, design, and marketing-influenced actions and experiences within Western Dental and Brident dental offices — primarily via focus inside the offices and on their local communities. This position reports directly to the CMO but must be a team player able to partner effectively with the Marketing Director, other marketing department colleagues, and cross-functional colleagues especially including the Real Estate, Operations, and Training functional experts. This role is a new position within the company, and thus will require an entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindset.
Key Responsibilities and KPI Metrics:
Denovo Launch Marketing
Ensure successful ramping of new Denovo offices to deliver agreed patient visit and revenue target within 12 months from launch.
- Effectively lead as marketing representative on cross-functional denovo launch team; ensure on-time-in-full delivery and winning branded presentation of key materials (e.g. clings, signage, local support).
- Analyze, recommend, and ensure effective execution for denovos of traditional marketing and messaging tools in collaboration with Marketing Director and key agencies.
- Develop approach, develop tools, deploy, measure, and adapt employer and local outreach approach for "small market" offices (5 mile radius population below 50k). Partner with local field operations on execution. Prove success through designated small market offices meeting $1.7MM annual revenue target run rate.
In-Office Retail Design, Materials, and Patient Experience
- In collaboration with key functions, upgrade in-office experience in terms of customer service and marketing touchpoints. Prove success through statistically significant gains in patient satisfaction survey results (e.g. Intent to Return) and field employee feedback.
- Update in-office planogram of marketing materials, visuals, posters, music and video, promotional items, and other effective tools as warranted. Develop and deploy materials. Ensure effective systems for replenishment and in-office use. Develop system for continuous audit of effective in-office use, and lead this effort ongoing.
- In partnership with Training, develop, deploy, and continuously improve in-office training materials focused on patient experience and customer service. Evangelize approach and participate as appropriate in key training actions.
- Support CMO in testing next generation techniques (e.g. Behavioral Economics) for improving patient experience, wait times, case presentation, and collection rates.
Local Marketing and Outreach
- Develop and prove effective a package of localized marketing activities to improve results, as needed, for an individual office or small group of offices.
- Identify, test, and prove validity of localized media tools for effective "burst" actions to support offices needing aid (e.g. competitor action, denovo region). Determine criteria for taking "burst" action and determining funding levels in response to field operations request. Lead communication to field on this topic.
- In partnership with Digital Manager and PR agency, develop and execute localized community outreach efforts, including mobile dentistry effort. Measure success through PR metrics, brand equity gains, and patient and employee feedback; measurement for these efforts will not center on direct acquisition.
Beyond these focus areas, actively participate and support CMO, marketing department, and others as passionate leader in enacting change and growth for Western Dental and Brident.
- 5+ years of relevant brand marketing and/or retail marketing experience
- MBA strongly preferred; mandatory BA/BS degree and relevant marketing experience
- High degree of understanding and usage of marketing and retail design tools
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams
- Strong strategic, analytical, creative, and project management skills
- Ability to lead others through change while delivering strong results
- Change agent who builds relationships along the way
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic
Please submit resume to Jillian Bell.