Field Marketing Manager
Eastern part of the U.S.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Richardson, Texas, Wingstop has more than 550 restaurants open across the United States and Mexico. With a sole focus on chicken wings, the Wingstop menu features 10 wing flavors including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, Hickory Smoked BBQ, and Louisiana Rub. Wings are made fresh, cooked-to-order and customers can also choose from homemade side dishes including Wingstop's award winning fresh-cut seasoned fries. Wingstop has experienced nine consecutive years of positive sales increases, was named a Top 10 Best Franchise Deal by QSR magazine, and has been voted 'best wings' in markets across the country. Troy Aikman, three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame quarterback, has served as the chain's national spokesman since 2003 and recently joined the Wingstop Board of Directors. Wingstop was acquired in 2010 by affiliates of Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in business and consumer service companies with attractive growth prospects and revenues ranging from $20 million to $1.0 billion. For more information visit wingstop.com, wingstopfranchise.com or facebook.com/Wingstop.
The Field Marketing Manager will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing and will be responsible for developing, planning, negotiating, coordinating, encouraging, teaching, supporting, and executing marketing and advertising programs that generate new and repeat customers. The individual along with the VP of Marketing oversees and supports all marketing and advertising activities for assigned Franchisees "Brand Partners" to be focused in the Eastern part of the U.S. Also provides ongoing marketing counsel to Brand Partners, local advertising co-ops, affiliated ad agencies, and vendors with a focus on building sales, customer counts, and market share, acting as important liaisons.
- Communicate with Franchisee, Wingstop marketing staff, Wingstop senior management, and other Wingstop departments on local marketing plans and strategies
- Encourages the Franchisees "Brand Partners" to be engaged in the marketing of their business
- Ensure effective communication of corporate strategies to assigned Franchisee "Brand Partner" and Co-ops to maintain compliance to brand standards
- Travel to assigned Franchisee "Brand Partner" locations and maintain consistent communication via phone and email to understand market dynamics, identify new sales opportunities, and assist with specific marketing needs
- Evaluate broadcast efficiencies and establish Advertising Co-Ops where feasible
- Initiate or collect marketing and media plans for assigned Franchisee "Brand Partner" and analyze and monitor to prove impact on sales and customer count trends; provide on-going recommendations and cost efficiencies
- Assist in developing marketing plans, including local store marketing, for priority markets and priority store situations and monitor effectiveness and opportunities for improvement
- Assist in negotiating media schedules, sponsorships, and placements on behalf of the Franchisee, Co-op and/or Advertising Agencies, and Wingstop to ensure cost efficiencies as needed
- Push national marketing program compliance. Encourage quarterly marketing efforts for non-Co-op markets
- Manage Co-Op activities, attend Co-Op meetings, and manage agency relationships as applicable
- Execute marketing plans where necessary, including events
- Provide input on national initiatives, including commercial and creative development, promotions, social media
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Position requires at least 50% travel
Education and Training
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of three years proven experience in developing and executing local store and regional marketing plans while also supporting national programs is required. Five years is desirable
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a restaurant, retail, or multi-unit experience is required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analytically/statistically evaluate traditional and interactive media, local store marketing effectiveness, overall sales, and competitive trends
- Knowledge and understanding of vertically integrated marketing philosophies
- Some experience in social and interactive media as a marketing tactic
- Familiarity with negotiation and direct placement of broadcast, print, and interactive media
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to convey facts and ideas clearly to individuals and large groups
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning, organization, multi-tasking, and strong analytical ability
- Must be dynamic, high-energy, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast pace environment and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to travel extensively (at least 50%) and work non-standard hours as necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills to succeed in working out of a home-based office
- Final candidates must be willing to consent to Wingstop's thorough background screening and testing process
If your talent, experience, and enthusiasm match our opportunity please forward your resume — with your salary expectations — to HR@wingstop.com for consideration. We respectfully request only qualified candidates apply.
Wingstop is an equal opportunity employer and we offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation package including a generous benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, Time-Off Programs, and Employer-Matching 401(k).