To Be or Not to Be... A Commercial
March 28, 2012
Stacy K. Marcus, associate, Reed Smith, LLP, and Allan Linderman, president, The Linderman Media Group, discussed key issues surrounding the expiration of the collective bargaining agreements with SAG and AFTRA in March 2013. The most important issues are the proposed changes to the current definition of a commercial and whether or not more digital content will be captured as covered media within that definition. The advertising industry is poised to resist such changes, while the unions will very likely want them implemented, which sets the stage for a volatile negotiation.
- Advertising Spending
- Commercials Made For Internet and Commercials Made for New Media
- SAG + AFTRA: Extra Performers — Calling Services and Production Staff-Related Duties
- JPC Bulletin
- Commercials Contract — Multi-Service Contract Requirements
- SAG + AFTRA: Right to Work Update
- Signatory Obligations — Successor Liability
- Television Advertising
- Vehicle Drivers and Agency Fees
“To Be or Not to Be… a Commercial.” Stacy K. Marcus, Associate, Reed Smith, LLP; Allan Linderman, President, The Linderman Media Group. ANA Advertising Law and Public Policy Conference, 03/28/2012.