ICANN Top Level Domains
March 20, 2013
New top level domains (TLDs) from ICANN's vast expansion of the TLD program are expected to be active in just a few short months. Groups such as ANA and others in the business and association communities have been pushing for additional protections for brand names and trademarks. These additional protections are vital to protect consumers online. Meanwhile, ICANN is still working within the multi-stakeholder system to determine when and how to deploy new gTLDs. Hear the latest on the attempt to protect your brand names from the people who have been leading the charge.
- Affirmation of Commitments by the U.S. Department of Commerce and ICANN
- Initial BC/IPC Consensus Position
- ANA's Comments Regarding Trademark Clearinghouse "Strawman" Proposal
- Facebook's Comments Regarding Trademark Clearinghouse "Strawman Solution"
- Letter from Canadian Governmental Advisory Committee
- Letter from Missouri Secretary of State's Office
- Letter from IPC President
- Letter from Verizon on Rights Protection Mechanisms and the "Strawman" Solution
- Trademark Clearinghouse Overview
- Trademark Clearinghouse: Strawman Solution
- ICANN's Response to Canadian Governmental Advisory Committee
Speakers: Amy Mushahwar, Of Counsel, Ballard Spahr LLP; Sarah Deutsch, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Verizon Communications; Bill Smith, Technology Evangelist, PayPal, Inc.