Update on ICANN’s gTLD Program
March 20, 2013
The digital landscape is changing, and at the center of that change is the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). Amy Mushahwar, of counsel at Ballard Spahr LLP, Sarah Deutsch, vice president and associate general counsel at Verizon Communications, and Bill Smith, technology evangelist at PayPal, Inc., discussed recent developments surrounding ICANN’s new generic top-level domain (gTLD) program.
- Affirmation of Commitments by the U.S. Department of Commerce and ICANN
- Initial BC/IPC Consensus Position
- ANA's Comments Regarding Trademark Clearinghouse "Strawman" Proposal
- Facebook's Comments Regarding Trademark Clearinghouse "Strawman Solution"
- Letter from Canadian Governmental Advisory Committee
- Letter from Missouri Secretary of State's Office
- Letter from IPC President
- Letter from Verizon on Rights Protection Mechanisms and the "Strawman" Solution
- Trademark Clearinghouse Overview
- Trademark Clearinghouse: Strawman Solution
- ICANN's Response to Canadian Governmental Advisory Committee
“Update on ICANN’s gTLD Program.” Amy Mushahwar, Of Counsel at Ballard Spahr LLP; Sarah Deutsch, Vice President and Associate General Counsel at Verizon Communications; Bill Smith, Technology Evangelist at PayPal, Inc. ANA Advertising Law and Public Policy Conference, 03/20/13.